Thursday, February 26, 2009

Stick it in your eyeball!

I was up and ready to go to the doctor's office, a little after 7am, this morning. Ugh. I'm so not a morning person. I had to make it an early appointment though, because me and my sis are catering this week. Today was the last day and we had so much fun working together. We were asked for business cards, this week, so I'm hoping we'll be working/cooking together on a more regular basis! Anywho, back to the doctor's visit. I have 10 follicles!! This is more than my last IVF, so I'm very pleased. Everyone keeps telling me, those shots in the rear must have worked. ha! I was the laughing stock of the doctor's office, this morning. I told me doctor, "I was giving myself IM injections, instead of subQ." He responded, "I heard." *with a big grin on his face* My nurse called today to give me a hard time. Conversation went a little something like this...

Me: "This is Jill"

Nurse L: "Hey, Jill...I was just calling to give you your lab results and to check and see where Alex was giving you the shots today." *laughing into the phone*

Me: "We decided to try my upper thigh...think that's a good place?"

Nurse L: "I was thinking directly in your eyeball...that should yield good results."

Me: *laughing hysterically*

Nurse L: "I'm requesting to be your & Alex's retrieval nurse...I want to give Alex the option of doing the retrieval himself, since he's a doctor and all."

Me: *laughing hysterically*

I love my doctor's office. Luckily, I can laugh at myself and love that they've had such a good time with this one. :)

My E2 levels were up...they doubled, since my last b/w. All of the follicles were pretty much the same size, none that were way bigger or way smaller. Dr. B said that was good. I'm going to stim for two more days and then go in on Saturday for another U/S and bloodwork. Retrieval could be as soon as Monday!

Just wanted to give everyone an update and I hope you're all having a fabulous week!

Love to all,
Jill

24 comments:

amy said...

i'm laughing out loud! what a blessing to have such a FUN nurse and doctor-- makes the whole process more bearable, I'm sure! SOOOOOO can't wait for updates... praying TONS!

becca said...

oh cool! I didn't realize we were getting enchiladas from your catering. I guess if retrieval is Monday, that would be the same as ovulation, right? So you could be almost 2 weeks pregnant already! ha!

amy said...

10 follicles sounds good!!

kelliegene said...

So funny!!I'm glad you have such a wonderful doctor's office this time. Praying for you like crazy.

Rathi said...

Praying for Saturday and Monday! I'm with Amy, can't wait to hear your updates!! Praying for you both!! Have a great weekend!

Alice said...

It seems that each time I read your blog I have tears (happy or sad). This blog was all happy tears. I know nothing about all the IVF stuff but I know it has to be a hard road. I had happy tears to know that the outlook is good or better this time. I have had friends in your situation and my heart LONGS for you all to be the MOMS you LONG to be.

Shannon said...

Yea!! I'm so glad you have more follicles than last time. :) Let me ask you this...do your sides hurt (like being pinched) with that many follicles? When I was on Clomid and Femera my sides were pinched all the time. Especially when I sneezed! :)

Anyways, that convo with the nurse was hilarious!!

Faith said...

Wooo Hoooo!!! Yippee for so many follicles I think the rear end shots DID work! I'm thankful that you have a great dr. and nurse and that you are able to laugh and cut up with them.

I'm praying so hard Jill!! I wish I could give you a big hug in person =)

Anonymous said...

I love the way you recount these conversations! You had me laughing out loud. Praying for you and well, your ovaries. So much love coming your way girl. xxxx

Joannah said...

You're doing so well! :-)

We may be doing our ER on the very same day!!!

Jen and Jared said...

Yippee!!! This is so exciting... and your post was hilarious! And I'm so glad the catering went well! See you soon!

Love ya,
Jen

Elaina Weaver said...

You crack me up sister! I'm so glad everything going well. I'm praying. Be sure to let us know retrieval day. And let me know if you need anything.

Kristen said...

SO funny! You make me laugh!
Praying for you. :)

Charnè said...

hey jill

so wonderful you have a great doc and friendly nurses!

wow God has been good and so far this ivf is looking very good...

hugs

xxx

Hilary said...

So exciting JILL!!!!! PRAYING like crazing for you guys!! :) This is it I can just feel it :) :)

Jen and Jared said...

Ok I'm so depressed for you right now. No GS Cookies.... WHAT? Jared had ordered some form a guy at work last week (I think). I'll keep my eyes out for you. What kinds do you like?

Jen

Jen and Jared said...

Ok I'm on it! You guys like the same ones we do... The peanut butter/chocolate ones are AMAZING and Jared loves Thin Mints (in the freezer). I'll see what I can find for you!

Jen

Mazzy said...

AWWW!!!! LOL EVERY SINGLE injection I took was IM, huge needle straight to the bum, so I didn't think anything of you doing it that way, either! There's more than one way to skin a cat, eh?
My RE's nurse always joked with me that often the cycles that produced pregnancies were the ones that got screwed up somehow, like the meds being taken wrong or something. Maybe this holds true in your case? I certainly pray for it.
*hugs*

Kristina said...

PRAYING FOR YOU!!!

Eric and Emily said...

That conversation is hilarious! : )

And YAY for 10 follicles!!!!!!! That is GREAT news!!!!

Glitter & Bliss said...

I am so glad a took time to catch up on things. Your recent posts made me laugh and cry. I am so sorry that you are painful with all your injections. You are such a trooper, and like I always say, it will pay off for you and your hubby. You are such a little doll. I love the pic of you and your hubby. Glad you had a great retreat. I know you blessed many.

Heather said...

YEAH!!! I was wanting an update today! I will pray for lots of good growth over the weekend!!!

MiMi said...

How awesome that you have such a wonderful doctor's office and nurse! That means so much.

Sounds like those shots in the rear were doing the trick, after all! 10 follicles! How exciting!

Praying for you!

Jamie said...

Sounds painful, but also sounds like it still did the job! That's awesome!