Saturday, April 4, 2009

Lunch with a new friend...

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of meeting up with a blog friend for lunch. She was coming through my hometown and asked if I wanted to meet up! I was so happy that I was able to meet her, her husband, and their sweet baby girl. They were a precious couple. I hope we get to hang out again in the future, when Alex can be there too. BB & MTB, you guys were so sweet and your little Bumble Bee was even sweeter!! (Their blog is private, so I don't feel comfortable sharing their names) They brought me a little baby rattle and this picture frame for our baby's first u/s picture....Alex and I love it.



Today was a beautiful day and I spent it on the couch, sick. Alex was here most of the day, working on his message for tomorrow's service, so he was the sweet hubby and took care of me. I napped a lot and I'm feeling a little better this evening. I also switched from my progesterone injections to a daily progesterone pill. I have to admit, I've enjoyed the past couple of days...when Alex comes to tell me bye at 6:00am, it's not followed by a shot in the hip. :) I have been so sore and bruised...it's going to take a little while for the swelling to go down in my backside. YAY...for no more shots!!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow...Sunday is always a good day.

Love you guys,
Jill

21 comments:

Momx6 said...

I'm glad you're feeling better - and I love the frame. That is very special.
Love you!
Momma

juliane2004 said...

That's adorable! I love that frame. Where'd they buy it?

becca said...

aw I'm sorry you were sick. Glad you were able to get out before you got sick and that you are better to go to church!

Leslie Laine said...

Sounds like a great day - I love that picture frame!

Mazzy said...

The sick part is hard, but it will pass--I promise. Second trimester is like being reborn (or at least it was for me). The first is just so hard from the sick, bleh. SO worth it, though, that I can promise you. ;)
*hugs*

Glitter & Bliss said...

So glad your shot days are over. I'm so sorry that you are feeling yucky. It will pass.... I promise. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Jenna said...

I love the frame!! Too sweet. I am so sorry you weren't feeling good! Hope you keep feeling better and have a great Sunday!!

Shannon said...

That picture frame is so cute. How sweet of them!

Heather said...

Definite YAY for no more shots!!! I hope you are feeling a little better...that sickness is the PITS! I will pray that you can figure out a little of what works for you this first trimester....some people snack constantly, or chew gum, or rest a lot, etc. etc. It never goes away, but you do learn to roll with it! And soon you will be feeling better!!!
I love the frame, too, by the way!
Happy Sunday!

Linda Lou Rogers Averitt said...

I love that frame, how sweet of them and its perfect for you since you are a pic and frame person:)) Glad you feel better today, sry I missed my sons preaching, it is always good, I think we may have the offer worked out!! yea, close on April 14th:) That will be a answered prayer!! HUGS to you and itty bitty:)

sara said...

That is really cool! Congrats on the heartbeat also...I've been thinking of you! ((hugs))

Michele said...

Isnt it funny how being sick gives you comfort? I always feel better when I feel nauseous. :)

Unknown said...

That frame is so cute!! Praying for you, and I hope you start feeling better!

Faith said...

Meeting blog friends is so fun! I love the frame they gave you....so sweet!

Hope you are feeling better today =)

Jim and April said...

love the pic frame!

Crystal said...

What a great usage for a digi-frame. I guess all we need now are digi-lockets? (to wear around your neck).

Elle Charlie said...

Love the u/s picture in the frame!

MiMi said...

That picture frame is adorable! I love it!

Hope you're feeling much better!

Allison said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you...I remember how great morning sickness felt...it's more of a privelege than a curse,right? Can't wait to hear more baby news.

Emily said...

Ok I'm gonna be like Alex...when you don't blog I thing something is wrong! hopefully you're just sick sick and not feeling like posting...praying for you ALL...Happy Easter!!

Paula Keller said...

Hey! Sorry I haven't been keeping up, but I am really excited that you saw the heartbeat! What an amazing journey you're on! Congrats!!!