Wednesday, February 13, 2008

When it rains...it pours

Well, Alex and I both had to go to the doctor today. He has the flu and a sinus infection. I have strep, virus #2 (a strain of the flu that medicine won't touch) along with a UTI and I am also pretty dehydrated. This could not come at a worse time. We were supposed to go in tomorrow to have our final bloodwork so we could start the medications.

On top of all the sickness in our home, our fertility doctor called today. They are closing the fertility program at UAMS and if we don't do my bloodwork tomorrow, I will not be able to finish with Dr. Shanti. I'll have to find a new doctor and start over. She said that if I come in tomorrow to have my bloodwork and if everything plays out perfectly, I will be in the last group of women that they will do a transfer on before closing in May.

At this point, I think I'm going to drag myself to the doctor tomorrow and let them draw blood. They said Alex could come in whenever he feels better because his doesn't depend on his hormones.

I have to be honest...I have fears that everything won't work out perfectly (nothing has up to this point) and we will be starting over with less money to give another doctor. Our insurance will only pay up to a certain amount, so we're having to watch that part of it closely. Alex is also worried that since Dr. Shanti will be relocating right after our transfer, that means she won't be there to monitor me if we do get pregnant. I'm not sure how that will work.

Once again, lots of unanswered questions and doubts as to what we should do.

Pray for us....

Love,
Jill

0 comments: