Monday, March 3, 2008

New day, new doc, new excitement!

Today was our first appointment at our new clinic with Dr. Miller! We absolutely loved him...he was very informative and very friendly.

I had a vaginal ultrasound to make sure everything looks okay with my one and only ovary. :) He was concerned (because of my past history) that I might have polycystic ovary syndrome but once he did the ultrasound, said everything looks great! We spotted several eggs (at least 10 at different stages) in the ovary and he said that I'm a perfect candidate for IVF, didn't see that I would have any problem producing several eggs for them to retrieve once the time comes. That was very encouraging!

He gave me my birth control pills today. I will start them the Sunday after my next cycle begins. My next cycle (if on time) should start in a little over a week. Once on the birth control for a few weeks, I will start daily Lupron shots.

I also scheduled my IVF class for 3 weeks out from today, they will teach us how to administer the shots, etc. I will have my mock embryo transfer done on that same day. The mock transfer is where they insert a soft plastic catheter through the cervix and into the womb in order to make a detailed map of the course of the cervix and the depth of the womb. This is done so that the actual transfer of the embryos can go smoothly when the time comes. I believe Alex will have his test on this same day...just get it all over with at once.

Alex and I left the doctor's office today feeling very excited and encouraged!

More updates to come....

Love you all,
Jill

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooooo excited for you and Alex, I know it will happen, you know I read your last blog and I think as you do and it just pisses me off when you start your period BUT, I know whom, I have believed in and He is faithful, to that which He Has promised....I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that The Lord has told me you would have a baby!! Now from my life's experience the hard part is waiting:) Be thinking of names:))) Linda Lou or William Steve sound good to me!!love you both

Anonymous said...

I too am so happy for you guys! I know it's easy for us to say the right time is almost here. Just know Jill we are all praying and love you very much.

Oh and thanks for leaving out all the abbreviations. LOL

Anonymous said...

Yay, it's finally coming together!!!! :)

~Katy

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooooh, I'm so excited!!! Although, Linda Lou and William Steve are indeed good names, I think Alicia Jean is better!!! LOL... I am just really encouraged by your appointment! Things REALLY are happening and moving along! I love you both and all the babies you have in heaven waiting for their turn here on earth!!! Alicia

Anonymous said...

It is very exciting and encouraging!!! i love all the above names but i am thinking we need just one more april. :) love you both!!!