Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pity Party...

Well, I have to be honest...I spent most of yesterday evening and today feeling sorry for myself. My tummy is bruised all over and hurts to touch, my head and back are killing me, I only have one stinkin' ovary that is letting me down at this moment. I could go on and on...'it's my party and I'll cry if I want to'.

Then I started receiving emails and posts from you all...such encouraging words you all have for me...thank you for that. I really needed it. We appreciate the prayers during this emotional rollercoaster we seem to be on. I realized today that as prepared as we thought we were, I don't know that anything can truly prepare you for an IVF cycle. I'm drained in so many ways and we have only just begun. One minute I'm on top of the world and the next I'm ready to give up...crazy I know...could be the hormones. Regardless, it's our life right now.

"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living". Psalm 27:13. God always sends the exact words that I need to hear...thank you for sharing this verse with me, Paula.

We're blessed to have so many family and friends that care about this chapter in our lives. We love you guys.

I'm also thankful for all of the people that I have 'met' since starting this blog....women who are going through the exact same thing, always there to lend an encouraging word...you girls are awesome!

Love you all,
Jill

5 comments:

andrea_jennine said...

Glad to hear you're more encouraged!

Yetty said...

Hang in there Jill. If you weren't big enough to handle it, God wouldn't have brought you to it. This is really the storm before the blessing. "If that's what it takes to bring you glory, Jesus bring the rain"

Anonymous said...

Yes, exactly what the post before says..You can handle it, and that is why God gave it to you. He that glories let him glory in the Lord.
-nat

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic verse. I so needed that too! You, my dear, are a constant amazement to me and what I can only describe as a blessing. Stay strong sweetie. I can only believe that God has something extra special in store for you two.

~kt

sara said...

I'm glad to have 'met' you as well! Thanks again for all the kind words. That is a great verse, I'm glad that you are able to find strenth in different places whether it be verses or family and friends. IVF was the biggest rollrr coaster of my life as well. Up one day and down later, sometimes all in the same day. I actually never felt quite myself. I'm still waiting to feel like my old self again. But despite all that, I'm grateful for the way it has enabled my husband and I to grow closer in a love I didn't know was possible. I hope good things are lurking around the corner. Thinking of you often!