Thursday, May 1, 2008

Retrieval Update

Here are a few pics from this morning that Alex & my Mom took...the last one Alex must have taken right after I came out of the OR - thanks babe.



I went in this morning with just a few butterflies. I think it was the pain after the procedure that I was most nervous about. The OR nurses and anesthesiologist were all wonderful...all women who were making me laugh from the time they took me back until I was out of it and no longer conscious of what was going on. They said I was talking up a storm about all kinds of things once I got the silly juice...nothing too embarrasing, thankfully.


We went over the PIO shots and they marked my backside (per my request) so that Alex knows exactly where to stab me. Two red targets on each hip...no way he can miss. We start the PIO shots tomorrow morning...they have to be taken between 6am-8am. Alex gets up around 6am so that should be a great way to start my day each morning. *slight sarcasm*


They retrieved 6 eggs today. Now we're just praying they get together with Alex's 'contribution' and make us some embryos!


I'm cramping but not too bad. Just a small amount of bleeding. They have given me some good drugs for the pain though, so I'm going to have to stop typing here soon. It's starting to kick in.


I'll update again when I hear back from the embryologist tomorrow.


Thanks for all of your prayers!


Love you all,

Jill






13 comments:

Molly & John Telford said...

YIPPEE! Your baby is being created right now! How awesome and exciting!

bb said...

Wow! Very exciting to have the ER finally done!

For record, I didn't know there would be PAIN after the ER - holy cow - one more thing to look forward to. Yikes!

Good luck - I'll be checking back for the fert report!

Unknown said...

What a great idea to take pictures there! Sounds like a great start, and that it went really well!

Anonymous said...

This is soooooooo very exciting and your mornings at 6 am sound very fun! love the pics!!! Thanks for you two allowing us all to share the process and journey. love ya! ab

Anonymous said...

So glad that things went well! I was prayin' for ya!

Anonymous said...

Oops, ok, that last comment was by me, by the way....Lord. ~kt

andrea_jennine said...

Sounds like all went well! You may know this already, but it helps tremendously with the PIO shots if you ice the area for about 10 min. before the shot and then apply heat for 10-15 min. afterwards.

Mazzy said...

Wonderful news!! Thanks for updating us, cannot wait to hear the report on your embryos!
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

I am giddy... grow baby Averitt's... grow!!!! I know you have it in ya!!! Love you Jill and Alex.... : )AH

sara said...

Your pictures are really cute! I'm definitely sending some prayers your way for some great embryos, a pain free recovery, and a quick transfer!

Hugs

Anonymous said...

Okay this comment is for everyone! It blesses me so much to see all of you loving on Jill and Alex through this blog. I can't even imagine how much it must bless you Jill. Like Alicia said, grow little Averitt babies grow!

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!! You both have been very brave to share all of this with everyone. Love you both!!-nat

Yetty said...

I'm so happy you got through this step (without revealing any deep dark secrets LOL). Plenty of rest and praying for your embies now.