Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Running...

I started my running clinic yesterday. I loved it! I had to mark myself as a beginner on the questionnaire (thank God I did) because I was huffin' and puffin' by the last 3 laps. I am SO SORE today! I knew I would be...I haven't exercised in over a year! It feels good though...it's the good kind of sore, feels like I did something. My plan is to run 5 days a week for 30 mins each day. I will hopefully be able to up my time after a few weeks but my main goal is to be dropping the pounds over the next month. I'm also changing the way I eat which will hopefully help the cause. I have two vacations planned so far and both are at the beach, so I must get into shape before I am forced to be in a swimsuit every day...this is my motivation! :)

As for baby news...not much to tell. I had my follow up with my RE. He recommends a frozen cycle once I'm ready to start it up again. I'm not much interested in anything baby right now though...I'm enjoying this time away from it all.

My summer is going to be packed full of fun-in-the-sun...just me and Alex! :)

That's all for now!

Love you all,
Jill

5 comments:

Mazzy said...

The running sounds marvelous. I am bitterly jealous, I have to admit. My RE has me on a strict no exercise regime, but I swear to you IF this final cycle fails I am taking a year long break just so I can train for a 1/2 marathon.
Kick butt, girl!
*hugs*

Yetty said...

Hope you can stick to the exercise plan; I've never been able to. Enjoy your summer girl & live it up

Paula Keller said...

When you're sore, you know it's working!

Glad for you!

Anonymous said...

i love it for you. i suggest getting some good blister pads especially in the humid weather, your feet will thank you and you won't have to sit out at all really. hopefully i'll get to run
with you soon. it's been weeks.....luv u!

Alison said...

Hmm, I love the new regiment. It's the path we are headed down... no baby talk, just me and him. Good job on the commitment to running and here's to many Summer days!!