Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bedrest - Day 1

My sister, Joy came over last night and made me chicken enchilades for dinner and chocolate chip cookies for dessert...yummy! I'm going to post that enchilada recipe. They are so delicious and even better...easy! We just laid on my bed and talked all evening. We only live 20 mins away from one another but have to schedule time like that, due to busy schedules. She has 3 boys...need I say more? (LOL) I love when I get sister-time with her.

I had a nice surprise this morning...my Momma dropped by to check on me! She had already committed to something on the 2nd-3rd and that's why she wasn't able to come stay with me this time around. I was so surprised and happy to see her. I love you, Momma!

I had several visitors today...my friend Molly came by to see me. She brought her 2 week old son, Quincy. He is a doll! We had a good visit. I hadn't seen her since her baby shower, so I had lots of questions regarding little Q and what it's like to be a Mommy now. She is a wonderful Mother and I can't wait to have children of my own, so we can have playdates. :)

My sister-in-law, Sara came over...of course Jackson was with her. :) They brought me some yummy soup for lunch (Sara, I need that recipe!) After Sara and Jackson headed out, my friend Vickie stopped by for a little bit. And to end the evening, my sister-in-law, Elaina came over with dinner from Purple Cow and fresh pineapple for dessert. Thanks, Elaina! Amy, I had her bring me pineapple because of what you told me. Figured it couldn't hurt! (LOL)

It has been a really good day. I feel a little crampy/bloaty (not sure if that's a word) but other than that, all is good!

Oh, and I almost forgot...I've been giving myself IM injections. My hips are getting really sore, since I'm doing estrogen and progesterone injections this time around. I'm just proud of myself for being able to do it! It's safe to say, my fear of needles is officially gone.

Thank you to everyone who has emailed, called, commented! Means more than you will ever know.

Few pics from today...

Me with sweet Quincy!
Jackson giving his Aunt Jill a smile!

Jackson helping with Aunt Jill's lunch...he was actually stealing my Oreos! LOL


Love to all,

Jill



post signature

14 comments:

Paula said...

You are a tough cookie. I could never give myself an injection. Way to go!

sara said...

Hey Jill! I'm sorry I didn't comment on your previous post - for some reason I thought for sure I did! I'm glad that your transfer went well and I'm still saying some prayers for your little snow baby. You have me drooling with enchilladas and cookies. Mexican is my all time favorite and I'm so glad to hear that you had some great company. Hope the next couple of days fly by and that you're feeling great in no time :-)

xoxoxo

Paula Keller said...

I hope those little ones are snuggling in for the long haul! I'm praying for you!

You're giving YOURSELF IM injections? Like, in your arm or leg or something? My husband is giving them to me every morning in the buttocks. They are actually better than the SubQ ones in the belly, I think. Ask me in a week or so, I may change my mind.

My transfer is probably Sunday! I've stocked up on Tivo stuff, and books. But I will likely be bored out of my mind. That's just how I am.

amy said...

What wonderful company to help time go by more quickly! SO proud of your for giving yourself the IM injections... the little ones in my tummy, I could do, but IM... I passed off the someone else! :) Glad you got some pineapple... :) Praying lots!

Anonymous said...

and did the little gal stop buy selling cleaning products?? "for only $30?"
Looks like you have plenty of help! Glad you are being entertained.

Elaine said...

Hey Jill! I've been thinking about you and praying for you constantly over the past few days. I've been reading your blog every day, but I haven't really had a chance to comment. I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to see how things turn out. Think positive thoughts! I know it's hard when you've been hit by IF, but just like your wall says, "Everyday holds a possibility of a Miracle." You WILL get your Miracle....

Joannah said...

It sounds like you are in good hands!

Hey, you look very natural with that baby in your arms. ;-)

Faith said...

I'm so glad you've had so many friends and loved ones come by to visit with you! Sweet pictures too!

Shannon said...

Sounds like you were never alone which is good!! You made me want Purple Cow! I haven't had that in years!

So are you going through InVitro? We have done 3 rounds of Artificial Insemination but are on a break right now. Praying for you!

Courtney said...

Keep up the good bedrest! Are you getting to enjoy time or relaxation? It looks like you've been pretty busy. Enjoy the weekend!

Jim and April said...

so how many days until your allowed to test...i am sure its exciting and torture at the same time! Have fun on bed rest! You look beautiful btw holding the little baby...hopefully soon that will be you holding your own baby!

April :0)

Hope2morrow said...

What a great support system you have!

SAHW said...

Sounds like you have an awesome family and great set of friends! So glad you have such a great support, it's nice to be loved and taken care of isn't it? :)

Hope your resting and recovering is going well! :)

I Believe in Miracles said...

Praying for you!!! Glad you had such great visitors.

You're giving yourself IM shots?!?! I'm super impressed.

**HUGS**