Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Everyday holds a possibility of a Miracle...

I'm finally updating...sorry it's so late. Neither of us got much sleep last night, so once we were home - it was nap time. I probably won't be able to sleep tonight because I took a long one.

Alex googled it to see how much I needed to drink to go in with a partially full bladder...no wonder I was in so much pain last time! I drank one bottle of water this time around, instead of 4-5 like last time.

We met with the embryologist first and he showed us a pic of our ice baby. He said it was a perfect blastocyst and that it looked just as good after thawing as it did before they froze it! This was wonderful news because that was really my one and only prayer leading up to today...that our little one would survive thaw. Our clinic is all about giving us "good luck souvenirs" with each cycle, so the embryologist gave us the tiny test tube and petri dish that our ice baby was kept in. They really do try to make the day as special as possible which I think is really sweet.

Our clinic seemed to be running ahead of schedule today...that was unusual but very nice! Our favorite doc was the one that did the transfer. I was so happy about that. He really puts me at ease and we can tell he really cares. Not that the other docs aren't good or that they don't care, we just really clicked with Dr. B. I'm sure you would all agree, having a doctor that you're comfortable with during this process means a lot! The last time around, Dr. M did my mock transfer and he had trouble with the soft catheter so he made a note to use a stylet during my actual transfer. Dr. M was the one who ended up doing the 1st transfer and for some reason he decided to use a soft catheter again. That led to problems and he ended up having to switch mid-transfer which made me nervous because he had already asked for the embryos to be loaded, etc. I could tell after meeting with Dr. B for my post check-up for the failed IVF, that he was confused as to why the stylet was not used to begin with...especially seeing that there were notes to do so in my chart.

Thankfully, that wasn't the case this time around and Dr. B made it known several times that he was starting out with the stylet and literally, he was in and out in no time! It was a lot easier this time around and I didn't worry about something happening to our one and only ice baby. In the end, we were able to see the embryo shoot across the screen and it was just as heartwarming and emotional as the first time.

It was a good day and here are a few pics to share...


Our ice baby's home for the past 4 months. :)

Me and Alex before transfer

Me waiting for the show to start

A not-so-clear pic of our ice baby on the screen :)


Quite some time ago, Alex put this on the wall in our bedroom. This is what I see every morning when I wake up. We've been praying for our miracle baby for the past 26 months and we're trusting that today God answered our prayer.


I want to say thank you for being a prayer warrior on my behalf. Thank you for being my cheerleader when I needed encouragement to keep going.

My cup runneth over...

Love to all,
Jill



post signature


23 comments:

Charnè said...

Good luck for the FET i hope it brings good news....

I love what hubby put on your wall, and i will definatly be doing something like that myself, its awesome!!

xxx
charne

Hope said...

ohh I was so excited to get on to see how it went! YAY! and YES...LOVE the quote on the wall, think I might steal it! :)

((HUGS))

amy said...

The quote on your wall gave me tears-- what a wonderful reminder to wake up to everyday! I've been praying for you guys-- I even dreamed about you which reminded me to pray when I woke up! :)

Okay, this sounds silly, but... there are some studies that show that pineapple thickens the lining of the uterus and so it's good to eat pineapple or drink pineapple juice after a transfer. It contains selenium which is an anti oxidant which is supposed to help with implantation.... it's probably an old wives tale!! But... my doctor said that someone told him about it and he researched it. He said there's nothing real "solid" to prove anything, but I tell ya-- I ate pineapple after my transfer (probably the whole thing! :) ) and now I have two of the most beautiful girls in the world. :) hee hee

Praying your day is full of blessings and peace!

Jen and Jared said...

I love you guys!!! Let me know when (and if) you feel like company and we'll come visit Aunt Jill. Every prayer I prayed with the girls yesterday included you and we will continue to pray for you and Uncle Alex (Ah Ah as Peyton says!). We love you and hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

YEY!! I am so hopeful for you. Let me know if you need anything.

Faith said...

Praying for you . . . .

Anonymous said...

You guys are always in my thought and prayers. I feel, a little selfishly, that is has been my journey as well. :) Good luck sweetie! ~katy

Jamie said...

I love that quote on your wall. What an encouraging thing to see every day. Good luck, we're praying for you guys.

Eric and Emily said...

The quote is so true and what a great idea to have it somewhere you see it everyday! I love the pictures you posted of your day, how exciting! : )

Mazzy said...

OH, I am so glad it went so well, Jill! I am praying hard and just asking God to please let this be your child at this time. I am so eager for this to happen for you, I cannot even put it in words.
I love the wall in your bedroom. It's so true and so beautiful.
*hugs*

bb said...

So glad that the transfer was stress free (or at least as stress free as possible) and that your favorite dr was there for you!! I continue to send prayers and good vibes your way for a beautiful baby. GOOD LUCK!!!

andrea_jennine said...

Glad to hear transfer went so well. And I love your wall decal!

Leslie Laine said...

I am so excited for you all! I thought about you and said a prayer - I'm hoping today was your miracle!
l.l.

Joannah said...

You were in my morning prayers today. I hope this will be your miracle.

((hugs))

Cheryl said...

Jill, I love your saying on the wall. Where did you get the lettering? Praying for you!

SAHW said...

I do hope yesterday was the day for your miracle...what a beautiful reminder...I've been feeling a little down today, thank you for the lovely reminder. :)

Faith said...

So glad to see this update. I am so thankful that everything went well with the transfer and I am still praying.

LOVE the lettering on your wall...I want that too!

Paula said...

Where have I been? Wow, I will so be praying for you two! I hope this is the little baby that God has meant for you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this with all of us. Miracles are God's way of showing us who is really in charge and HE IS!!!! I'm excited for you both and praying!!!! luv ya ab

Kim said...

Girlll - I just cried! How special. Apparently this is something that I never had to go through, so I have absolutely no idea what is going through your mind. I will so pray that in 10 happy months you will see the face of that baby, your baby!

Jim and April said...

ok...i just teared up reading what he put on your wall that you read each day...did he do that or was it a press on of some sort? I would so LOVE to do that to our wall b/c it seems like most these days are so hard to get through without thinking about being childless! Its a GREAT quote!

Hope2morrow said...

Sorry it has taken me so long to get caught up! How exciting, Jill! I'm glad your prayers were answered with the quality of the embryo. Now I pray you prayers will be answered with a baby. Best of luck with the two-week wait!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I must say that is the cutest pic of my little niece/nephew! They have to have their little snow suit on for that ice!! I am praying so much for you... every day you are on my heart and mind... I love you, Alex and your sweet babies to come so much!