Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A little bit of everything...

We had a fun, busy weekend! This little guy showed up on our doorstep early Saturday morning. His parents went house-hunting so we got to spend the day together. :)

Alex worked until noon, so Jackson and I ran some errands...first being the coffee shop and then we headed to Sam's. We went down the toy aisle...he saw Elmo and just lit up. We stood on that aisle for quite a while, just playing with all of the toys.
After Sam's we went to Garden Ridge for a bit and then Alex took us to brunch at Mimi's. He loves him some Uncle Al. :)


My parents came through LR after church, so some of the fam came over to visit. They got a chance to love on their grandbabies. Kandace had her picture taken a lot since she is the newest member of the fam. :)


Granny and Kandace...

She was cheesin' for the camera. :)

Puckering up for a kiss...how cute is this face!?

We had one of my faves for dinner last night...fried chicken, yummy!

I made coffee and cookies for dessert...

And then my sweet husband made us a fire (it is finally cool enough to use the fireplace...yay!)

We turned our phones off, sat by the fire, and just enjoyed each other as well as the books we were each reading...it was a very peaceful evening. I finished this one last night...if you haven't read it, I highly recommend that you do. Awesome book!
Well, that was our Saturday, Sunday, Monday! :)

I hope you're having a wonderful week, so far...

Love to all,
Jill

16 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

Jill I love your updates. The pictures of the little ones are adorable. The food is making my stomach growl, and the thought of shutting off my phone and just relaxing sounds amazing.
Thanks for all your encouragement and prayers. Really.
***HUGS***

Paula Keller said...

Well that is not a bad way to spend a few days!

Faith said...

Aww, such cute babies! Your fireplace looks so pretty with the fire going. Very cozy!

Joannah said...

I always love seeing pictures of the food you make! I can't remember the last time I had fried chicken. It's so good, but so bad...

Glad you got some alone time with that little man.

:-)

Rhonda Rae said...

Mrs linda keeps talkin about that book is there any way I can borrow it from you if its as good as i hear you will get it back in a couple days. Its been forever since I had time to read anything but my Bible and i could use a good book.

Hope2morrow said...

How fun! Your life is always so eventful. And what precious little ones.

Thanks for always sharing pictures.

Hey- email me if you want to know more about acupuncture. I'd love to tell you all about it. And I have another question for you too. hope2morrow@cox.net

Talk to you soon!

Jim and April said...

that book looks good..whats it about? btw...that dinner/dessert looked amazing! and what is it with kids and elmo...they just seem to love that little red guy! I have a friend whos toddler adores elmo!

Charnè said...

the little ones are just to cute!!

i must say all ur food looks so delicious and makes me hungry!!!

I have heard about the shack, mixed revies though, some people say its greats others say you need to read it with a open mind.. must look into gettin it

xxx

twondra said...

Glad you had a great weekend! Sounds like a great time! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Jackson and Elmo. Elijah's reaction was the same when we went to Sam's :)
Were you the elf who put my trashcan back up by the house? I almost asked you to get our mail, but I figured we wouldn't get so much that the box would be full... and we didn't. It was close though!

Shannon said...

I wish we had a Garden Ridge! I love going when I visit my parents in LR.

Your cookies looked delicious!

Faith said...

What a great update! Looks like you had a VERY full weekend.

sara said...

Ugh! Blogger just ate my last long comment - here goes again. I'm so glad you had such a great last few days - it looks perfect and you so deserve that! What I always love about your posts is that it looks like you are surrounded by great family support. Isn't that such a blessing? I've come to appreciate mine so much more lately. I'll eat lots of jello for you I promise and sending some hugs your way! Thanks for your constant sweetness and prayers...you're the best :-)

sara said...

Oh yeah - and so much little cuties all in one post! That is awesome!

Kristen said...

What a fun weekend! :)
Love nights by the fire. It hasn't been cold enough here yet.

I heard I need to read the shack!

Have a great weekend this weekend!

Nikki said...

Hey girl,
Thanks for checking in. I was just thinking about you this morning, so it was good to get a message from you. I am doing OK. I went to the acupuncturist and she is pretty cool. She wants me to not eat anything that I like. I will have to update my blog about the whole experience.

I think about you often and pray every time. Hope you are well.

Love you
nikki