Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend at Wildwood...

I got up bright and early, Saturday morning, to make breakfast and coffee for Alex. This was the first weekend in a month that he didn't have to work and I was very happy about that. Out of bed at 7:15am on a Saturday...this is unheard of for me but I wanted to show my hubby some love! :)

I found a new recipe on this site that I wanted to try and they turned out so yummy! One of Alex's and my new favorites, actually. They are called Applesauce Puffs. They have the potential to be healthy but after I dipped them in butter and cinnamon sugar, all of that pontential went out the window. They were so easy and delicious that I thought I would share the recipe, incase you would like to try them as well!


Applesauce Puffs

2 cups Biscuit Mix
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons melted butter
Heat oven to 400°. Grease muffin tins.
Mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and reserve.
Combine Biscuit Mix and 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl.
Add applesauce, milk, egg and oil. Beat well.
Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake for 10 minutes.
Remove muffins and dip in melted butter, then in sugar and cinnamon mixture. Yields 24 mini muffins.


Don't they look yummy!??


Saturday afternoon, we headed out to Wildwood. I LOVE it out there. I have taken my nephews and nieces to many plays and concerts out there and enjoy supporting them whenever possible. This weekend is the Wildwood Park for the Arts Harvest Festival, so we went for a little bit and enjoyed all they had to offer. Here are a few pics from the afternoon.



On beautiful Wildwood Lake
The lady asked if we were on a first date...awwww :)


They had a scarecrow contest and hung them all throughout the woods


This was the fiddling contest on the lawn...
we enjoyed the children that got up to play, very impressive!


Alex hates corn, so I had to devour this roasted corn all by myself...ah shucks! hehe



We had a very relaxing weekend...if only the HOGS would have won, that would have been the icing on the cake! :)

I'm going to see my Mom tomorrow...I'm looking forward to that. She wants to do a little shopping in Jonesboro and of course, her and Daddy always take me to eat at my favorite place up there...Sandbar Grille! I can't wait!!

Love to all,
Jill

19 comments:

Paula Keller said...

Mmmmmm... corn on the cob! Yum!

Thank you SO MUCH for your prayers!

I'm still praying myself for those beta numbers to rise. Hopefully someday soon I can relax.

You're next!

HUGS to my internet BFF! You've been so supportive.

Cheryl said...

Those applesauce puffs look absolutely delicious! I think I will have to try them out. Looks like a wonderful weekend!

bb said...

Ooo, Wildwood looks like an amazing place to spend a beautiful Saturday afternoon! Have fun in Jonesboro. Do you ever drive near or through Hardy, AR? MTB and I have a super small cabin there, and he is dying to get back for long a weekend soon. Just curious.

Also, the puffs look sooo good, and I may have to make some with the huge jar of applesauce I just bought today.

You look so happy and beautiful in the pics - I'm glad you are doing well. {{Hugs}} for you!

Jim and April said...

looks like you had a great weekend...Wildwood sounds SO familiar...where is that at? Also...those applesauce bites you made look delicious!

Joannah said...

I love me some roasted corn on the cob!

Sounds like a great weekend. Those applesauce puffs look delicious.

:-)

Emily said...

Awww...makes me miss *home* so much...

I'm SO making those little puffs...like tonight!

Faith said...

Those look amazing!!! I cannot WAIT to make them very, very soon. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'm glad you had such a sweet weekend.

Mazzy said...

Oh, YUM! You are such an awesome little homemaker, I am terribly jealous of all the amazing things you do. Your weekend looks absolutely amazing. I want that corn!
*hugs*

Paula said...

Wow, those applesauce puffs look delectable. They kind of remind of of a healthier version of a donut hole. Yum-O
Looks like a fun time at Wildwood and the weather looked perfect.

Faith said...

Those applesauce puffs do look yummy! Love all the pics from your fun weekend together. The one of you eating the corn is so cute!

I'm praying that you have a great week and have fun with your parents. Thanks for the sweet comments about our pictures. I love them too!

Jamie said...

Looks like a fun place! Although those Scarecrows in the woods would FREAK me out! Remember the Blair Witch? Yikes, it was not the witch that scared me, but those sticks hanging in the trees, in the woods..bad bad. Anyway, still I love this time of year!

Charnè said...

wow that place looks amazing!!

and i agree you two do look like u on a frist date

Polly Gamwich said...

first date! too cute.

Anonymous said...

how did I not know about this thing????????? I've never been to wildwood, but I've seen the sign. It looks like I really need to get my act together and find out what they have to offer!

sara said...

Oh my goodness, those look so yummy! That looks like a great day. You always take the cutest photos - you are so photogenic. I totally need to make that recipe when I get out and things get back to normal :-) You would be a fun shopping partner if we lived closer!

Shannon said...

Your puffs looked delicious! I have never been to Wildwood. It looks fun! You should defintely come to War Eagle next year. It is really fun. :)

Monte and Missy said...

Can't wait to try those muffins...they look MmmmGood! We were in Arkadelphia that day for Monte's 10 yr college reunion - it was a beautiful day to enjoy the outdoors! Good to see y'all enjoying a day together...aren't those the most precious times?

SAHW said...

Sounds like lots of fun...and how cute that she though you were on your first date! You guys definitely could pass for several years younger. :)

Kim said...

Those applesauce puffs look far from healthy - MY Kinda snacks!! I'll have to try those!