Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Eve Service...

Journey Church is so excited to have our first Christmas Eve service! When we tell people that it's at 11:30pm, their response is, "WHAT!?" That's right, 11:30-midnight. I'm personally loving the fact that we will be bringing in Christmas as a church, singing christmas carols, sipping cider...it's going to be a lovely service. This is a tradition that I look forward to incorporating within my own family as well...packing up the kiddos and heading to church on Christmas Eve, they will probably be asleep but they'll wake up as soon as they smell the christmas cookies and hot chocolate! :) No better place to be when celebrating CHRISTmas. All of you who can, come join us!



Merry Christmas!
Jill

8 comments:

Jenna said...

I love this idea! How neat!!!!

Jen and Jared said...

Hey girl... sorry we won't be there. I have spent every Christmas Eve since I was born at Nanny's and have woken up there every Christmas morning and I'm lucky enough to have a husband who is willing to let me keep that tradition a few more years! :) So that's where we will be. But if for some reason I'm awake at 11:30pm I'll think of you guys and sing a little Christmas carol. Love you!

Jen

I Believe in Miracles said...

How fun! I've always gone to Christmas Eve service. I think it's beautiful.

Faith said...

Very cool! Wish I could be there =)

twondra said...

Sounds like so much fun!

amy said...

what a great tradition! I wish our christmas eve service was that late... right into christmas day- so fun!

sara said...

That sounds really - nice you are going to have such a great time! You should buy a cute new outfit :-)

Anonymous said...

Very cool to bring in Christmas as a church family. I wish I could come celebrate with you. Merry Christmas, Jill girl!!