Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday, Jackson Luke!!

This post has LOTS of pictures. It's a special post for a special little boy!

We had Jackson's party a few days ago, but today is his actual birthday. This little boy has brought such joy to our family over the past year. He has the cutest personality and the ability to warm your heart in an instant.

Jackson, Uncle Alex wrote this prayer just for you...

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for the generations of faithful disciples that you have given to Jackson Luke as his heritage. I ask that as he becomes aware of Your presence, he would submit to you as Lord and follow you all the days of his life. I ask that you would bless Jackson in this life and that he would grow up into a mighty man of God. Thank you for your Word and the Life that it contains. I ask that as Jackson reads it, You would write it on his heart so that he would learn to fear you and obey your perfect will for his life. I ask that you would allow him to pass a heritage of faith on to his children and their children. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.


Seems like just yesterday...


First bath...


Was he ever this small!??


Meeting his Great-Grandmother for the first time...


Jackson & Granny hanging out...


This smile always makes my day better! :)


Mr. Cool...


Spending time at Aunt Joy's...


Loves hearing Daddy play the guitar...


Weekend with Uncle Al...


So happy!


Chillin' w/Aunt Jill on the beach...


Our sweet little piece of candy corn...


He has his Mommy's smile...


Big J.L. with lil' J.L. :)


His Mommy made the cake...isn't it cute!?


Blowing out his candles...with a little help. :)


He tore into some cake!


Playing with his balloons...


Opening presents...his reactions were priceless!


Such a polite little boy...reading his card before he opens the present. :)


Playing with his new toys...


Jackson with his Daddy & Mommy...I think he had a great day! :)


We love you, sweet boy!!

~Uncle Alex & Aunt Jill~

10 comments:

Jenna said...

Such a sweet post! He is sooo cute!!! Happy Birthday Jackson!!!

Rathi said...

What a sweet post.. He is adorable! Happyh Birthday Jackson! Have a great weekend!

Shannon said...

How sweet! What a great post! He is one blessed baby and so cute too!

Shannon said...

PS I don't think I would ever get tired of birds and nests. :)

Eric and Emily said...

That looks like one happy little boy! Looks like he rubs off on everyone that holds him too! : )
Oh and what an awesome cake!!!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice... I think he is pretty cool kid myself!

Faith said...

What a doll! I know you guys are head over heels for him and I can see why...just adorable! He is very blessed to have you and Alex as his aunt and uncle. The prayer that Alex wrote for him is so incredibly sweet!

Happy Birthday Jackson!!!!

Paula Keller said...

Thanks for the congrats!

Jackson is so sweet!

Paula Keller said...

I'm catching up and I just read about your hsg. Glad that everything seemed to be ok. Sorry about the cramping, I had some too when I had mine.

I know what you mean about the loss of modesty, and I also used to dread the yearly pap smears. That transfer clamp has to be ten times as big as the normal pap smear speculum!

Wishing 4 One said...

Oh my goodness, what a sweetie! I especially loved his expression when opening his presents, waaay too cute! You are very lucky to be his aunt and his parents are very Blessed to have such a little bundle of joy! Thanks for sharing Jill! xoxoxoxo