Saturday, December 13, 2008

Something as simple as a pogo ball...

My childhood was awesome. I had two parents who loved me and that sacrificed a lot to raise me and my 5 siblings. We weren't surrounded by massive amounts of toys on a daily basis, but God always provided when a birthday or Christmas rolled around. I think the fact that we didn't get something everytime we went into the store, made Christmas and birthdays even more special. My parents tell us stories of how God used others to help us get by...my Dad has always worked in the ministry and to be honest, never made much as we were growing up. Fact is, he didn't do it for the money...he did it because he had a heart for people to understand the love of Christ and to receive the ultimate gift He came to give. I so admire my parents for all they sacrificed and looking back, I don't feel as though we lacked for anything. There are stories of someone stocking our fridge when we weren't home, money appearing out of no where and in the exact amount of a doctors bill that was due, presents arriving from grandparents for Christmas morning. Honestly, they have so many stories of how God took care of our family and I always loved hearing those stories as I got older. I don't plan on spoiling my children just because I can. I hope to give them more of what my parents gave me which was lots of love and a desire to share God's love.

The post below reminds me of those awesome stories that my parents share about God's provision for our family. It reminded me of when I was little and asked for a pogo ball for my birthday, knowing very well that we didn't have the money for one. I never dreamed I would get it, but lo & behold, my birthday rolled around and what did I unwrap...a pogo ball! It was pink and purple and perfect. I absolutely loved that thing. I think it's awesome that God provides for our needs, but how cool that He provides for our wants as well...something as simple as a pogo ball.

Please go to THIS post...He just might want to use you this Christmas.

Love to all,
Jill

4 comments:

bb said...

I'm glad you got your pogoball too. Thanks for sharing your story. {{hugs}}

twondra said...

Wow....very powerful. Thanks so much for sharing.

annalee said...

thank you for sharing such incredible lessons about love!

Rhonda Rae said...

Wow such an awsome post. We had already decided that on Russ' moms side of the family we were only giving gifts to the 3 kids and then we were taking a couple angels from the angel tree instead of all exchanging gifts