Thursday, January 29, 2009

87th Birthday!



My Grandma Weaver is celebrating her 87th Birthday, today. I can only hope & pray that I look this good at 87. :) This woman birthed 8 children into this world (reason enough to be my hero) and prayed for each of them to come to know the Lord. She has lived to see that happen and SO MUCH MORE. I have fun memories of visiting her and Papa, when I was young. It was a place to play with LOTS of cousins and to always get some of Grandma's yummy creamed corn and dill pickles! She would always go straight to the kitchen and fix us something to eat. It didn't matter if you had just eaten before you arrived, you were eating again. I never complained, because the woman can cook! Homemade creamed corn and dill pickles were always on the menu and I hope to receive the secret recipes for both, someday. *hint-hint, if any of my aunts are reading this* :)

I hope that you have a wonderful day, Grandma. You mean so much to so many.

I love you!

Jill

13 comments:

Jen and Jared said...

There is just something wonderful about a Grandmother, huh? I know I love mine more than they will ever know - seems like Grandmothers are always so inspiring! Great post - Happy Birthday to your Granny!

Love,
Jen

Yetty said...

Happy birthday to your grandma. She sounds a lot like mine. Thank you for your good wishes. I'm on your blog everyday and believe it or not you are top of my prayer list. If it can happen for me, definitely yours is a testimony I am eagerly waiting to tell. Keep on being you & thanks for all your support.

Glitter & Bliss said...

How precious is she!!! Happy BD to your precious grandmother.

Rhonda Rae said...

I've had alot of practice. I love kids to so that helps I'm lookin forward to next week and tho he may not say it so is russell we love helpin with the kiddos

Faith said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet, sweet Grandma! She does look great for 87!!

Eric and Emily said...

What a beautiful lady!

Joannah said...

Happy birthday, indeed!

:-)

Megan said...

Don't you just love grandma's?? That is so great that you have so many memories of spending time with your grandma and papa. She looks fantastic!

Kristina said...

My sister goes to Gouchos quite a bit!!! She lives in Searcy and Gouchos is how I heard about these kinds of restaurants for the first time! I went to Harding for a few years...and my g-ma lives in the Searcy area, so I am familiar with NLR!

Anonymous said...

creamed corn, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

you really think you can replicate that creamed corn? you're nuts.

Unknown said...

This is soo sweet! Your Grandma looks FANTASTIC for being 87!!

Carissa said...

This is so precious!!!! I've been thinking of you alot lately...We really need to get together and hang out sometime soon. Let me know if I can do anything to help keep you busy (or maybe i should say sane?)

Heather said...

She is beautiful! Happy birthday to her! Praying for you, Jill! Hope you have a good weekend!