Saturday, January 17, 2009

God is answering our prayers...



EDITED TO ADD:

I'm just adding updates as Kelly gives them on her blog. Alex and I have been praying for Scott, Kelly and little Harper, since last night, when we heard the news. God is so good...He hears our prayers and He answers!! We pray with confidence that Harper will be home soon with her Mommy & Daddy.

***For continued updates, click on the Praying for Harper button on my sidebar***

11:30 Saturday
Praise Jesus for He is good!!! Scott just called to tell me that he just went to see Harper and the nurse said she is not even on the list for bypass (ECMO) because the doctor thinks she is responding so well to what they are doing she may not even need it. We were told in not so many words yesterday that she may not survive at all and because of so many prayers all over the world - she is improving hour by hour. We have had so much kindness shown to us over the last 24 hours - I can not even begin to tell you. Scott has had several people that we don't know but who read our blog come to see him and even brought him things. He just called me crying because he couldn't believe the kindness we have been shown. It's so overwhelming. Our whole family has cried so much because of the overwhelming kindness of friends and strangers. It certainly has encouraged us to do more for others ourselves.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

God is answering our prayers. Here's an update on Harper...(from Kelly's blog)

5:30 a.m. Saturday
I realize I should be sleeping but it's just not coming and you know how hospitals are - I get woken up every minute anyway. The doctor from the neo-natal unit in Tulsa (yes - it's St. Francis) called me at 4 to let me know Harper was there and she was stable. They are running tests on her heart and her brain and doing a few more things before they can start the bypass. Shortly after - Scott and his parents got there and they got to see her again. I have to say that I have never loved my husband more than I do right now. He has been my rock. We have shed more tears in the last 8 hours than we probably have our entire lives but we also know that we want God to get all the glory and praise and honor in whatever happens in our baby's life.
I have such a peace about her being in Tulsa and it was just confirmed to me as I read the comments and a nurse from pediatrics said the nurses there had already been praying for us. And I just recieved an e-mail from someone who went through an almost identical situation and her daughter is now a healthy 3 year old. Thank you Jesus for sending me all of these encouragers and prayer warriors. It is NOT by accident that so many of you have found my blog and are now praying.


Love to all,
Jill

4 comments:

Joannah said...

I'm moved to tears. Praying for a full recovery, and a happy, healthy life.

becca said...

I'm so glad she is stable. I've been trying to read up on newborn pneumonia in an attempt to understand how this happened. The only thing I could find is when a baby is born days after the membrane rupturing... but that didn't happen. So I'm still baffled.
I don't know how to send you a message, so I'll give you my email BeccaSanders@aol.com. Email me and I'll send you my phone number...not that strangers are searching blogland for the phone numbers of strangers...

Eric and Emily said...

Praying for a healthy baby to go home with this family! Sounds like mom is staying positive and strong, that is so good!

MiMi said...

Praising the Lord for the miracle He is doing in Harper's life! God is good!

Praying with you, sweet friend!