Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It was made of some sort of soft, silky, devil fabric...

I had my last lupron depot shot, yesterday. YAY!! After my doctor's visit, I decided to go desk shopping. I've had my eye on one, but we would like it better if it were an espresso color. Well actually, it comes in this neat green color (which I love) but Alex doesn't like it, so we're still shopping. :) Anywho, I went to several places but no luck, yet, on a desk.

Then I made the mistake of going into Ann Taylor Loft. Right now, this is about the only place that has clothes that fit my body, so I'm in their store, quite often. I found a couple of shirts to try on and of course, the sales girl finds an insane amount of things for me to try on, as well. She just kept grabbing items and adding them to my pile. I know they are taught to do this, because I worked in retail a whole 2 days. Anywho, she brings me this top and it's super cute. I try it on and it looks and fits really nice...UNTIL...I decide to take it off. It was as if the blouse got angry with me for wanting to remove it from my body. The sleeves began to shrink and tighten on my arms to where I couldn't pull the shirt over my head. At one point, I looked in the mirror and said out loud, "don't panic." I tried to remove it and the sleeves just wouldn't budge. This blouse was made of some sort of silky, soft, devil fabric. I was getting desperate and was thinking to myself, "you have two choices...have them cut it off your body or tell them you love it so much, you want to wear it out of the store." I finally decided to place my head between my legs and put my arms completely over my head and slowly pull the blouse off. After the 4th attempt and so many knots in my shoulders, I could barely walk...it worked. If Ann Taylor Loft had cameras in their dressing rooms, they would (not only get sued) but would get hours of entertainment, because I guarantee, I'm not the only fat-armed girl that has tried on that shirt.

Good times.

26 comments:

Jen and Jared said...

You are hilarious!

Jen

Alice said...

This made me LOL!!!

sara said...

Thanks for the super sweet comments lately. Your story left me cracking up!(oh yeah - you totally don't have fat - arms silly!). I love Ann Taylor loft. Half my closet is from there. Jason hates seeing me bring home a bag because he knows I do serious damage. (well not like you did to that shirt. just kidding!!!) Good luck with this cycle. I'm keeping you in my prayers sweetie...if you were closer we'd be good shopping buddies :-)

Mazzy said...

LOL
Love this one! I have had this happen before, too, and it is mortifying. I also notice my body temperature raises about 100 degrees when it happens, which so does NOT help at all. The devil fabric indeed!

candra said...

OMG! I just wanted you to know that you're not alone!!! (in loving Anne Taylor Loft or in getting stuck in clothes in the dressing room.) Thanks for the comment for Suzanne, and what a lovely place you have here!

andrea_jennine said...

Dressing room shenanigans notwithstanding, Ann Taylor Loft is my favorite store!

bb said...

Had to laugh at your predicament.

So, did you buy the shirt???

Rhonda Rae said...

Thats so funny. Im glad Im not the only one to have that happen.

Amy, Ryan, Philip and Matilyn said...

I have never shopped at Ann Taylor Loft......since the shirts seem to eat people I think I'll stay away!

JenWebb702 said...

Oh my goodness...I am so glad that I am not the only person that this has happened too. And I have had the same thoughts about what to do too. Glad you made it out of the shirt!! :)

Polly Gamwich said...

Good times!

SHUT UP - that story was so funny. And I have found myself in similar situations in dressing rooms, you get all confident that a smaller size will fit (in my case) and squeeze into it ... only to learn that you will throw your back out when trying to get it off!

I take a deep breathe and then get my wrestling on with the article of clothing!!

Good job not having to cut it off!

Too funny.

Heather said...

Okay...seriously....this happened to me a couple of months ago in this high-end boutique in our downtown. I could NOT get the shirt off and was afraid it was about to rip. It was stuck kind-of wrapped around my shoulders and I was sweating and freaking out! I finally basically did what you did and escaped...but now I am ULTRA paranoid about trying things on. (Thanks so much, fertility treatments....for the extra weight besides everything else you bring- BOO!)
You made me laugh with this post!!

Elle Charlie said...

Hehehe, that is a funny story! I love ATL, and have not yet gotten stuck in any of their clothes, but then again I haven't been shopping in while ;)

Kristen said...

Girl, you are cracking me up...that has totally happened to me when I used to go shopping. I am praying for you during all of these times with all those shots and meds. Goodluck!

Amber said...

Oh, I just hate that!! I used to complain about how scrawny my arms were in high school, and now I wish I had those arms! I did have this happen one time in Kohl's, and I thought I was going to die!

Jenna said...

You are TOO funny. And I'm only laughing because I know the pain all too well. :-)

Shannon said...

Hahaha! That is so funny because that has happened to me more times then I would like to count!! :)

I LOVE the green round thing and put it under a cloche on my table. It is perfect!!

Faith said...

We share a love for the Loft...I've recognized several things you've worn from there.

This seriously made me laugh out loud!! So funny!

Joannah said...

Too funny! I love Ann Taylor Loft. I bought a bunch of stuff there in the fall, but now hardly anything fits me - especially all the nice pants I have. :-(

Cheryl said...

You crack me up! I wonder how many women that has happened to!

Anonymous said...

thanks. needed that. too funny! ab

Faith said...

You crack me up. I hate when that happens -- it makes me hyperventilate to have a shirt stuck around my head.

Anonymous said...

LOL...

i really did lol...

-nat

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, I laughed so hard at that I almost peed my pants. Too funny! ~katy

Glitter & Bliss said...

How funny... I have so been in the same position, and it is not fun. So, I'm thinking a "no sale" on this shirt. (LOL) Sometimes being in fashion just isn't worth it. I do enjoy the "sweats" look way too much.

Allison said...

I think I have that blouse..seriously..the silky crazy print one with the cute sleeves...would look great with white pants. My mom just bought it for me and I tried it on the morning and almost got stuck. And, my arms aren't fat, so your's probably aren't either. It's totally the shirt.