Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Made my day!

I haven't been feeling well, since Sunday. Before worship, I stated, "if I run off the stage, it's because I'm going to throw up and I don't want that on video!" Thankfully, I made it through the service, but I've been fighting whatever this is for a few days. I woke up this morning without a voice. Of course, the first thing I do is freak out and call Alex and try to tell him that I can't talk. This didn't work very well....since I CAN'T TALK. He finally suggested that we email, so that he can tell what I'm saying. He's a genius. :) I was bummed because I had to cancel home group for this evening...it was our turn to host. Needless to say, today didn't start out a fun day.

Then I received a knock on my door. I went to the door and there was a package on the doorstep. I was thinking it was something that I ordered off eBay (can't wait to show you guys that purchase!) but then I opened it and realized it was from my friend, Shannon! She sent me a thank you gift...how sweet is that!? I just had to show you these lovely things!

I LOVE this framed "A" picture...


It has already found a place front and center on a table of B&W photos. :)


She sent me a red dish towel (I'm constantly buying dish towels) and I've placed it as an accent behind one of my Valentine towels.


She also sent me this personalized soap...it smells so good, but it's almost too pretty to use!


Thank you, Shannon! You are such a sweetheart. If you're ever in The Rock, call me...we would make great shopping buddies! :)

You made my day!

Jill

12 comments:

Jen and Jared said...

How sweet and how fun! I hope you start feeling better. If you need anything, let me know.

Jen

Mazzy said...

How adorable. Seriously, I wish I had an ounce of the creativity you and some of these amazing blogger friends of yours do. Just lovely!
I hope you get to feeling better soon!
*hugs*

Alice said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!! Get lots of rest!

Faith said...

Jill, I am so sorry that you aren't feeling well! I can see how these sweet surprises just made your day though....I love everything Shannon sent you!

Hope you feel better soon!

maw82 said...

Hey Jil sorry I have MIA its been a ruff week!! But that was so sweet of your friend!! We all need one or two of thoe kinds of friends!!!!! Sorry you havent been feeling good!!! I pray that GOD will heal your body girl!!!

sara said...

I hope you feel better soon...know that so many times you have made my day too!

Megan said...

Jill, I hope you feel better soon! I love that framed pic your friend sent you. Beautiful!

Shannon said...

I am so glad you liked everything! You made my day! :) I think the Lord knew you needed a little pick me up because I mailed that yesterday after 4pm! I never dreamed you would already have it today! Awesome! :)

Amber said...

I, too, LOVE the framed "A"!!!! I think a larger version of that (in a P, of course) would look great in my newly painted bedroom...do you know where you would find that?

Hope you are feeling better! :-)

amy said...

I've been thinking about you and praying for you this morning!

Betsy said...

What a great surprise...making blog friends are the best.

becca said...

so I've decided to blog on blogger rather than xanga... finally :)
Love the gifts you got and the birdie things you sent!
If I keep seeing all these cute things it just *might* inspire me to decorate more around here.
*might*
:)