Sunday, February 22, 2009

Honest Scrap...

I was nominated by Mel for the following award...thanks, girl! :)



The rules for Honest Scrap are:

1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.

2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap."

3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

So here goes...

1. I was voted homecoming queen my junior year. A junior had never been voted queen…it was always a senior. I was called into the principal’s office and asked to step down for a senior to be queen, instead. So I did. I still wish to this day that I had said no to that principal. (LOL)

2. About 3 years ago, I had a two-month span of getting pulled over for speeding…I received 3 tickets, within 2 months. My 3rd ticket was for reckless driving, because I was going quite a bit faster than the speed limit.

3. In court, I begged the judge to drop the reckless driving charge and he agreed. He gave me 12 hours of community service. I was treated like a criminal. I was the only female there, as well as, the only one there for speeding. They had us cleaning the AA house, downtown...it was so gross. I was told to never go upstairs to clean by myself, because of what one of the men might do, if found alone. I was sexually harassed by the director and after turning him in, was allowed to leave, after only 8 hours of service.

4. I haven’t gone over the speed limit in 3 years. Point being…community service works.

5. I was the only girl in grade school that could get a ‘home run’ by kicking the kickball into the balcony area in the gym. I took pride in that.

6. I was a cheerleader my sophomore year in high school…I hated it. I would rather be playing the sport than cheering for it.

7. There are times when I wish that I had gone to college…though all I’ve ever wanted to be is a stay-at-home-mom.

8. When I was in grade school, I gave a boy a bloody-nose for pestering me.

9. I hope my baby girl can give a boy a bloody-nose, if ever pestered.

10. Once we have children, I would love to spend time on the mission field as a family.


I nominate the following 7 people with the Honest Scrap Award...

Shannon, Faith, Joannah, Becca, Emilie, Missy and last but not least, a newbie to blogland...show her some love...my Momma!

Love to all,
Jill

13 comments:

Vashti said...

Hey!!
I think I thought "WHAT THE HECK" to most of you list!!!
I totaly agreed with the giving a boy a bloody nose! I think I did that twice in primary school!

becca said...

AWW that stinks! (about homecoming queen) If they didn't want to let anyone but a senior get it, then they should have only let people vote for seniors (and maybe they changed it) but for that year, it should have stuck!
I'll get to my list later. Loved yours!

Anonymous said...

hahaha...i remember the drama of that night and homecoming it was so ridicuolous and YES you should have been homecoming queen!

And as for #7 I HATE GOING TO SCHOOL AGAIN so don't think such things as that. :)

Anonymous said...

the last comment was from natG

Joannah said...

Okay! I'm in.

:-)

amy said...

Hilarious list.

Jim and April said...

great post! Loved the little known facts about you...at our school...our junior always was queen!

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness!! We learned so much about you! :) I cannot believe your principle. That was just wrong.

Scary about your community service too! I wouldn't speed after that either.

You sounded like one tough little girl! That is too funny.

Thanks so much for passing it on to me! I will add it to my sidebar.

MiMi said...

Wow! We learned a lot about you! Glad you got off of that speeding ticket roll! I am proud that you haven't gone over the speed limit in 3 years! Good girl!

I didn't even know you then, but I totally think that you should have been Homecoming Queen!

Thanks for passing the award on to me. I will definitely have to give this some thought!

Have a great week!

Faith said...

I think you should have been homecoming queen too...not fair! This is great and I loved learning more about you. I feel the same as you with #7...I trust that God's way will make sense one of these days =)

Congrats on your award and thank you so much for passing it on! I'm off to go visit your Momma!!

Paula Keller said...

I loved reading these!

I took classes at community college part time for a while and then transferred and went full time at 32. My program was designed for people returning to college after years off-and there were people in it up to 60 years old. It was one of the best things I've ever done for myself. I had no idea how intelligent I was until I did that, and I don't mean that as bragging. I really thrived. Point being, it's never too late.

I once got pulled over for speeding twice in one, one-hour trip!

Sorry about the community service! Ugh!

Megan said...

I can't believe they made you pass up the Homecoming Queen title - so rude!!! And your speeding story alone may have scared me into not speeding anymore! Yikes!

Mazzy said...

I am shamefully a speed demon. I cannot imagine not speeding with the distance I drive every day... you are a good girl!
*hugs*
Thanks for sharing!