Friday, February 20, 2009

Stimmin' Time! na, na, na, na...

Every morning I wake up and call Alex at work. This is our 'routine'. I like to hear his voice, before starting my day. Every morning, he kisses me bye, but I'm zonked out and have no clue when he leaves. This morning, I made the statement on the phone..."I'm so glad it's Friday." He asked why (because it's not like I work outside of the home or anything-ha!) and I said, "because it's two days closer to Sunday." I NEED my church and I need it now. Seriously, do you ever have those days where you just can't wait for Sunday to come around, so you can gather with your church family, worship, and hear the Word? This week has been one of those weeks. I always need my church, but right now, I NEED my church. TGIF!

I had my first U/S appointment, yesterday. They found a cyst in my ovary (first time for me). I find it odd that I would develop a cyst, during the 3 months that my body was going through 'menopause'. He said that it doesn't happen often, but it does happen. They did blood work. If my estrogen levels were above 100, I would have to be on a higher dose of lupron, for one more week. I really didn't want my cycle to be extended by another week. Not only because I'm starting to get very emotional, with each day that passes, but because I have tickets and hotel reservations made for this...



It's a special Living Proof Live for PW's (pastor's wives). My Mom, my S-I-L, Sara, and I, have already planned our trip to Nashville and I don't want to miss it!

I received the call from my doctor's office. My estrogen was 50, so I can continue without an extra week of lupron. YAY!! I start stimming, this weekend. This cycle, I'm on Bravelle and Menopur. They told me to mix 7 vials of Bravelle with 1 vial of Menopur. This sounds like a lot, but the nurse said it's powder, so it will definitely fit into one syringe. I'm nervous about using the powder...we used follistim, last cycle and didn't have to mix the powder stuff. Is it hard? They sent me some special cap that is supposed to help with mixing it. Vickie, you may have to come help me with the first one! It's nice having friends who are in the medical field. She was here Wednesday evening and drew my shot for me. I can't ever get the air out of the top of the needle.

Well, I'm off to get my second massage. You wouldn't think I would need it, but after the way my day ended, yesterday...I do.

Happy Friday...I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Love to all,
Jill

17 comments:

Mazzy said...

I exclusively mixed powders for all my shots and just had to make sure my nurse was VERY explicit on ratios. I still screwed up twice, but they were always so sweet when I did, LOL. I know you'll do fine and I'll continue praying over it. Something different could be good, right?
I am so glad you didn't have to drag this cycle out an additional week. I have had so many cysts, so many times. UGH.
*hugs*

Rathi said...

Happy Friday and praying for you guys! Have a great weekend!

amy said...

yay for friday- closer to sunday! yay for LPM-- AWESOME... can't wait to hear about it! yay for one step closer to baby! Praying unceasingly. i used the powder and it was not bad at all! the first time i was terrified i'd mix it wrong or something, but it was just fine!

andrea_jennine said...

Mixing the powdered meds isn't too hard. Glad you get to start on schedule.

And I love people who love their churches!

Eric and Emily said...

I was on bravelle and still have one unopened box of it left so if you need more let me know I would be happy to give it to you or anyone else you know that is using bravelle. I just can't seem to throw it away in case someone may need it cuz it is so expensive. It is 5 single dose vials, the powder. 75 IU. It is free to whoever may need it.

Melissa said...

I saw your blog through a friend of my sister and law's and I wanted to let you know that I was praying for you. I just finished a 3 year journey of fertility and now we are expecting twin boy and girl in just a few weeks. I know exactly what you are going through and I took the exact drugs that you are about to start yourself. Hang in there! I never thought I would say this, but my sweet babies are worth every tear, every shot, every penny and every year that we struggled. I will say to you one thing that someone told me during my struggle, God chose us for a reason to go through this. What that reason is, we will never know until we meet him, but he CHOSE us! Maybe to make us have more Faith, trust in Him more or be better Mommies. I know that you have lots of Faith in God and that is the ONLY thing that will get you through this journey. Good luck and I will be sending special prayers up for you and Alex as you continue this journey!

In Christ,
Melissa

Amber said...

Ugh...blogger just had an error with my comment! Anyway, glad you won't have to delay a week with the lupron! I think the piece you are referring to is the Q-cap? It goes on the syringe while you mix then you take it off and put the needle on. Once you do it one time, you'll feel better. I was a little nervous the first time too. Have fun at your conference!

Heather said...

Right when I was going to start fertility meds I had to have an u/s and they found a huge cyst. I did not handle it QUITE as well as you!! (Translation--I fell apart, left the clinic sobbing, and started shaking my fists at God.) It ended up delaying my treatment for a month, but of course, God knew what He was doing and it turned out fine. Those little roadblocks sneak up on you and throw you for a loop sometimes...so I am VERY glad that this doesn't mean a delay for you!
I will be praying for you and the shots this weekend. I've said it before....but I admire you so much for doing all this with your faith in the Lord and outlook so strong. It is amazing!!! I can't wait to see how God shows up HUGE....and I loved what another commenter said about God choosing people for infertility...because you definitely have ministered to me and so many others through your journey. That being said....I am asking God to make this "your time!" Boldly, believing Him for a miracle baby!!! (or two!)
Have a good weekend, Jill!

Jim and April said...

i agree...most sunday's i do not want them to end because your surrounded by people who love the Lord and its just such a great day...and then comes the new week when your surrounded by the world...your right...we definitely need our sundays to get by!

Shannon said...

Happy Friday!! I'm so glad you don't have to extend it one more week! I'm praying!

The Coach's Wife said...

Yeah! Ready for the stims! My husband Stuart and I just finished our 2nd IVF. Neither have been successful and now we will be gearing up for a FET. We go to Arkansas Fertility also! Hope everything else goes great!

Rhonda Rae said...

I always look forward to church i also love home group becuz it helps me get though the week.

Glitter & Bliss said...

Happy Friday to you my sweet friend. So glad you got to move ahead and not extend things one more week. You are a trooper, and I know it will all be worth it. Les

Hope said...

well, I can't tell you about the drugs but I do the same thing with Scott. He kisses me bye while I am snoozin and the first thing I do is call him - if he hasn't called me first.

Praying that your drug mixin goes great and that your dose of Sundays soothes your heart and soul. *I wanna massage...sigh* :)

Paula said...

I know what you mean about the church thing. I so look forward to going there each week.
You are a strong woman to endure all of that drug stuff. I can just imagine how it would throw your moods into a whirlwind.

Faith said...

What great news! I am so glad that the Lord worked it all out for you to attend this amazing conference with your girls.

I have been and will keep on praying for you. You are such an encouragement to me!

Courtney said...

I do think I know what you mean about church. There is something about that community. Good luck with this next journey!