Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

Be warned...this is a LONG POST, due to the many pics from the weekend! :)

Saturday was a lovely day. The weather was beautiful...it's making me so ready for spring! Neither Alex nor myself had committments for Saturday, so we were able to spend the entire day, together. It's rare for us to have a day like this, so we tend to turn off the cell phones and concentrate on each other. I love it. We had brunch at Mimi's and ran some errands. That evening, we celebrated the February birthdays (on my side of the family). We always meet downtown at a local bakery and have dessert and coffee. We only have one February birthday and that's Cary...he turned 30!

-The birthday boy-


-Jackson showing his cousin, Kandace, some love-


-Me and Kandace...she is such a good baby!-


-Jackson playing outside the bakery with his Daddy-


-Jackson and Uncle Alex-


-Aunt Joy with Kandace (her shirt says, "Daddy fixed my hair" :)-


-The gang (minus me and Jackson, because we took the pic)-


LATER THAT EVENING...

-Kasie & Cody at The Purple Cow-


-Pryce at The Cow-


-Kandace wanting nothing to do with The Cow...she slept the entire time-


We started our Sunday, as always...with our church family! We've been going through a series called Turning Up The Heat. I've really enjoyed it. Sunday's message was on Turning Up The Heat in your marriage....ooh, la, la! :) God revealed some things that I can do in my marriage, to be a better wife. I've found myself so excited about this! Even in a happy marriage, there's always room for improvement. I want to be the best wife/helpmate that I can be to Alex. This series has certainly opened my eyes to things that I can change in myself. I want the marriage that God desires for us. It may be good now, but I have no doubt...it can be great! After church, we had lunch with Alex's parents...they are always a hoot. :) Pray for my M-I-L, she has a kidney infection and could barely walk Sunday, at church. She has had some issues with her kidneys in the past, so we are just praying that this infection goes away with antibiotics and that she feels better soon.

Sunday evening, we went to the River Market and ate at Gusano's Chicago-Style Pizzeria...yum!! This was our first time to eat there. We ordered way too large of a pizza, but had plenty to bring home and share with Diesel-boy. He's always appreciative of a doggy-bag. Alex likes lots of meat on his pizza. I like cheese. We had half supreme-half cheese/spinach. They put the sauce on top and the cheese on the bottom. It was DE-LISH!

-Our yummy pizza-


-He knows that he has Aunt Jill wrapped around his little finger :)-


-Cary & Sara-


-Drew & Elaina-


-Me & my Sweets-


I feel like we ate our way through the weekend!

Sorry this was so long, but I wanted to go ahead and wrap up the weekend in one post, since it's Tuesday and all.

Love to all,
Jill

16 comments:

Rhonda Rae said...

Im so ready to see what we missed sunday. I love anything that can help me be a better wife or mom.

I Believe in Miracles said...

Fun pictures! Sounds like a great weekend. I like the idea of turning off cell phones and just spending time together. What a great idea!

Jenna said...

Loved hearing about your fun weekend!! And I just loved seeing all the pictures. You know that I fully support long posts, haha!

Hope you are having a great Tuesday, my friend!

Shannon said...

Where do I start? Loved all the pictures!! Love Fireproof. Love Purple Cow. Love Gusanos. Your post made me so hungry! :)

Mazzy said...

That pizza looked so good, it made me DROOL. And The Purple Cow? I LOVE THAT PLACE! We only have like 2 in all of DFW and of course neither are close to me, I am so jealous. Your weekend looks to have been a BLAST. Praise God for wonderful times with family.
*hugs*

Kristina said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!! Check out my blog for a fun fun fun giveaway!

andrea_jennine said...

Isn't it exciting to think of ways to make a good marriage even better?

I am sorry to have to tell you that your pizza doesn't look like a true Chicago-style deep-dish (although it does still look yummy). Come visit me if you want to sample the real deal! ;)

Heather said...

That pizza looks AWESOME! Glad you had a good weekend!

Jim and April said...

great pics! that pizza LOOKED so yummy!

Courtney said...

Yum, I'm reading your post and I'm hungry for dinner, That pizza looked good!
I have been thinking a lot about you lately, I loved your post about how God restores marriage. Sometimes it's so nice knowing that God is in control of my uterus too.
Take care!

Eric and Emily said...

That hair on that baby girl is too gorgeous! And the smile on your nephew is contagious I think.

Glitter & Bliss said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. How blessed you are my sweet friend... I agree..in a good marriage there is always room to make it great. We are so busy with our little boys, work, business ventures, etc.... We have a romantic Valentine's Day planned. I am looking so forward to it. Hugs to you...Leslie

Monte and Missy said...

Monte & I think it's so cool how all of your siblings and families hang out! Celebrating birthdays once a month at the same bakery...what a great tradition! Thanks for sharing - we always love keeping up with the J.L. & Belinda clan.

Nitzia said...

Kandece is such a cute little girl! she reminds of Sara when she was a baby with all that hair... so precious:)

Faith said...

Love all the pics from your wonderful weekend. I can just feel the love that you and your family have =)

Hope your mother-in-law is feeling better!

Karen said...

I will have to try Gusano's now . . AND, did you get the iced sugar cookie at Community Bakery? They are the bomb!

Karen Black