Sunday, March 8, 2009

Transfer Day...

Alarm went off at 7:30am. I immediately went to the kitchen and made a huge pot of homemade vegetable soup for lunch. That way, Alex wouldn't have to worry about cooking. He had a busy week and weekend, so I wanted him to be able to relax when we arrived home today, as well. He usually takes me through Burger Mama's and grabs lunch, but they are closed on Sundays. Ah Shucks.

Waiting to go to the OR.


We arrived at the clinic at 9:25am. We were the only ones there, so they immediately took us back. I changed into a gown and she took my blood pressure. It was high. I've never had high blood pressure...ever. We were fairly certain it was just anxiety. My stomach was indeed, in knots. I wasn't really nervous, it's just a big day, ya know? She said it was time to head to the OR, so off we went. Once we were settled in the OR, she received a call that Dr. M headed over to the hospital to check on a patient. She apologized and said it would only be about 20 minutes before he returned. It ended up being about a 45 minute wait. While we waited, Alex read to me out of his Bible. He read the story of Hannah. I immediately felt relief. All of those knots in my stomach were gone. We prayed together and I was thankful that we had that time, just the two of us, beforehand.

Us in the OR. They won't let Alex take his mask off, but he assured me that he's smiling in this pic. :)


The embryologist came in and told us about our embryos. It was a different embryologist than we normally have. She didn't show us pictures or anything, so I don't have any to post. She said of the two embryos that we were transferring, one made it to blastocyst stage. The other was a nice morula. A morula is the stage they hit, right before becoming a blastocyst. The other two embryos have not made it to blastocyst stage yet, so they will call us tomorrow and let us know if they make it overnight.
Waiting on Dr. M to arrive.

Dr. M arrived and started the procedure. The speculum is the part that I hate the most. Between that and the pressure on your very full bladder, it is quite painful. The nurse told me that if I wiggle my toes and take deep breaths, it can help relax those muscles. She was right...it really helped. He loaded the catheter and we watched, once again, our little babies shoot across the screen to land in the perfect spot for implantation. I was teary-eyed. It's an emotional thing to go through, on so many levels.

Now we're home and Alex is waiting on me hand and foot. We've eaten our yummy vegetable beef soup and are about to take a nap.

We both feel really good about today...about this entire cycle. We continue to pray that God will open my womb and that my body will accept these babies. We're believing that this is our time. :)

Thank you for the prayers, emails, text messages, phone calls, etc. You have offered such encouragement and we're blessed to have you in our lives. You really are the best family & friends that anyone could ask for.

We love you guys,
Alex & Jill

34 comments:

Vashti said...

Well now Im crying!!!
What a great day, I really pray that your body excepts these little ones and they both do well! wouldnt it be amazing if they both grew and you ended up with twins?!
God is so in control and that is all you need to know right now.
Have a good rest!
Lots of love from South Africa.
Vashtix

Nitzia said...

so happy everything went well!!! I am praying God will give you the desires of your heart Jill... keep us updated. Love,nitzia

MiMi said...

Oh, Jill, this is so exciting! Thank you for such a detailed description of what is involved in this process because I am unfamiliar with how all of this works.

I can imagine that your blood pressure WOULD be elevated because this IS a very big day!

I am praying that God will open your womb and give you the child that you have prayed for. Praying and believing that your body will accept these precious little embryos.

BTW...I have never seen anyone looks so radiant as they go into the OR!! You look so beautiful and I can tell that Alex is BEAMING underneath that mask!

So excited for you two and praying, praying, praying!

Love you,
Emilie

Shannon said...

Brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad everything went well! Praying for you!

becca said...

Now the loooooooooooooong wait!!!
Praying for those babies to stay put and lots of excitement (but not TOO much :) to keep you busy so the time will fly by :)

becca said...

I just looked up Burger Mama's b/c I didn't think I knew where that was... but of course once I saw it I realized I did. I've never been there... always wanted to try it though. Will have to try their grilled cheese sometime!

Just Believing said...

Sounds like a wonderful beginning to a new family!!!! BLessings to your and hubby and babies!

PS Thanks for thr time change reminder!

kelliegene said...

I do have a very positive feeling that this is your time. I am believing God with you that it is. I've been praying for you all morning and praying for those precious babies inside you.

Rathi said...

What great news!!! Glad to hear that everything went well.. Funny thing, the word for my verification is destioni.. maybe destiny? LOL.. Will keep praying for you guys!!! Keep us updated and take it easy!

Anonymous said...

hooray!!!-nat

Hope said...

I am so happy, I am so prayerful and I am believing with everything in me that this will be the beginning...hmm middle?? to a very wonderful journey.

Sending lots of love and prayers your way!

bb said...

Stick babies!!! Hoping that the next few weeks go quickly and with the best news! {{hugs}}

Amy, Ryan, Philip and Matilyn said...

I have been following your journey for a little while now and I just wanted to pop in and say that I'm cheering for you! I can't wait to read the BFP post as I too feel it is near for you.

Anonymous said...

Wow. This is such a big deal. Congratulations for making it this far, no matter the outcome. Though I certainly hope the outcome means little ones in your future!

Anonymous said...

it sounds like your transfer went really well. i'm praying that your little babies stick!

Leslie Laine said...

I had a few tears throughout your post today. I read it to L., and it helped us to know a little of what we're getting ready to go through - transfer day is tomorrow. I want for you to know that I'm thinking of you, and that I said a prayer just for you this morning. I hope and pray that this is your time - the perfect time for your little embryos to stick. Take care of yourself and know that I am thinking of you.

Michelle said...

Jill- My sweet inspiration. I am praying for you and those precious babies, I am believing with you that this your time! May God keep you and give you peace as you wait on him!!

I really need to meet you in person. I am friend's of Alicia's, my son Will and her Jack go to school together. You are such a model of faith, you have no idea how much your blog does for me! Thank you...

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration to so many. Your faith and encouragement are witnessed in each and every post. Wishing nothing but good things for you and your hubby.

Glitter & Bliss said...

Well, the tears are streamin... I can't help but wonder...what if you had twins!!! Speaking from experience..it is a wonderful thing. I am praying for you and your sweet husband. What wonderful parents you are going to be!!! Leslie

Joannah said...

You know I'm praying for you! God is going to do something good here!!!

I did not have to have a full bladder for my transfer. In fact, they kept asking me beforehand if I wanted to empty my bladder. And we weren't in an OR, just a little room upstairs in the part of the practice where the lab is and where I have my acupuncture. I think it's very interesting how every doctor does things differently.

:-)

Heather said...

YAY!!! I have been praying and will continue to...I loved reading this! You look so pretty in all the pics...I can just see your faith and hope! I am believing Him right alongside you that this is your time!! Let it be, Lord. Hope you are resting and have a very relaxing next couple of days!!

Cheryl said...

I've been thinking and praying for you today. So glad to hear things went well! Have a nice relaxing week!

andrea_jennine said...

Sounds like you and Alex and the embryo babies are doing great! Praying for the best possible results.

Eric and Emily said...

Come on babies!!! Grow, grow, GROW!!!

annalee said...

what a special day. still praying for you guys and God's sweet plans!

Faith said...

Oh Jill, this was a HUGE day and I am so thankful that everything went well with the transfer of your two little babies. I am praying for them to grow perfectly in your womb. I prayed throughout this morning for you, that God would open your womb and sustain these precious lives that He has created. I cannot wait to hear what God is going to do as a result of your faithfulness and trust in Him. According to your faith may it be done to you!

And, you do look absolutely beautiful! Enjoy your yummy soup and get lots of good rest while your sweet husband takes care of you.

I won't stop praying! Love you girl, Faith

Amy said...

Hi Jill! I have been reading/lurking all along, but just haven't posted (part of my being a big non-posting jerk!) but I am so, so, so very happy for you and Alex and I pray that these embies make themselves at home in your family forever. I can't wait to hear more updates!!!!! Gods blessings to you!

Amber said...

Glad to hear everything went well! Stay rested, and can't wait to hear how the other two are doing.

Linda Lou Rogers Averitt said...

hugs and lots of love

Rob & Lindsey said...

I am so happy for you! It doesn't sound like things could've gone better!! I can't wait to hear about your BFP soon!!!

((HUGS))

Lindsey:)

Alice said...

Still praying for those babies!!! Praying for you to get the rest you need. Thank you for sharing all of your emotions with us through this journey.

I don't know a lot about the process so I am eagerly waiting the next update.

Charnè said...

o i am SO happy for you and SO happy that all went well

Hoping with you that God hears your prayers and opens your womb

xxx

twondra said...

Thank you so much for sharing the story and the pictures. You made us feel like we were right there. I'm thinking and praying for you guys! ((((HUGS)))))

sara said...

I've been reading even if not commenting and I just want to let you know I pray for you each morning an night. I so want this to work for you Jill....it actually hurts I want this so badly for you. Hope that doesn't sound weird! I loved your photos and I love that you're getting taken care of at home. I hope these next couple of weeks fly by and I miss you!