Monday, March 9, 2009

What happens after 5-day transfer?

My friend, Joannah (my IVF buddy, this cycle) told me about this site. It gives a breakdown of what should happen after transfer. Hopefully, my embies aren't slackers and are working hard in there. If by chance, you know the difference between a morula pre-transfer and a morula 4dpt, let me know...I've been trying to figure that out. I need to read more on it.

5-DAY TRANSFER:

-1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
0dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
5dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
fetal cells
6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
7dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
8dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops

I won't be sharing our pregnancy test date. This is something that we like to do on our own and share afterwards. We're holding off on the pregnancy test (by several days) this time around. I will be traveling a lot, over the next couple of weeks, and I want to be home with Alex when we find out. :)

Love to all,
Jill

17 comments:

Heather said...

I am praying and believing God for your baby or babies!!!

bb said...

So hoping your babies are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing right now. Hoping even more that you get to give one (or more) of them a big hug later this year. {{hugs}}

Amber said...

This is very interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

This is such a special, sacred time for you Jill. Happy travels and lots of love xxxx

Joannah said...

No flying, right? I've heard flying is a no-no. We're taking a short road trip this weekend. I plan to lounge around once we get to our destination.

:-)

Faith said...

This is so fascinating! I am praying for those embryos to do exactly what they need to do to implant and develop. God is beyond amazing and He is able!!

Enjoy your time away. I've been praying for peace and calm as you wait.

Love and hugs,
Faith

Cheryl said...

I learn so much from you in every post. I know this may be a long 2 weeks to 10 days. Stay busy and get plenty of rest. I'll be praying for you and your baby(ies)!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you girl. Please make sure you rest your body lots and stay horizontal as much as possible :)

becca said...

all these years that I've read "blastocyst" I never noticed the s and thought it was "blatocyst" Only when I tried to google 'blatocyst' and was corrected did I discover there was an S.
Oh the things I'm learning from your blog :)
You are wise, but oh so much more patient than I!

Shannon said...

This was cool! I think that is great that you save your pregnancy test date. When you go through all this there are no surprises for anyone close to us anymore. :)

Megan said...

Thanks for sharing, this was interesting, I have been wondering how this all works. Have fun on your travels!!

Anonymous said...

Please give two tiny pats upon your belly from Aunt Fecia! Love and love!

twondra said...

Praying for you guys!!

Jen and Jared said...

Hey girl... hope things are ok with you. Peyton's episode was insanely frightening. I can't get the images of her like that out of my mind... but I'm so glad it was nothing serious. Now my only fear is that it will happen when she is with someone else. If she has reoccuring spells they are supposed to fade away by age 4 or 5. Anyway... it was scary but it is over. And I really hope you are feeling well. We would love to come visit you this week if you feel up to it!

Hugs, Jen

Unknown said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers right now Jill!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this information. I couldn't find it anywhere else, and I've been dying to understand what might be going on inside of me. Best of luck to you.

Melissa Griffin said...

I just had a 5 day transfer today and would like to know of you can share that site that gives that information. I didnt see it on the entry? Thanks! and Good Luck!