Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend...

God cares, even about the small things. He answered my prayers and took the morning sickness away (for most of the day) on Easter Sunday. We had someone taking Easter pictures, before and after service for any of the families that came Sunday. I really liked this idea! Here is our pic. I look so pale...man, do I need some sun! I had a really cute maternity dress on, underneath my cardigan. It was chilly though, so the cardigan stayed on. Yes, I said maternity dress. My stomach still hasn't gone down from the OHSS, so I had to buy maternity. Honestly, it was so comfortable, I don't care if my stomach goes down. I'm really going to enjoy buying cute dresses for this summer. Um, Gap Maternity, just fyi...there is no need to worry about your sales this summer/fall.



It was cold and stormy all morning, but none of that mattered once I was at church. I really enjoyed the worship and message. I also love seeing the kiddos walking in, all dressed up in their Easter outfits. I'm looking forward to having a little one to dress up next year. We had lunch with my in-laws after church...it was so yummy. We also got to see Alex's baby sister, April, try on her prom dress. She is a senior, which is totally crazy for me to even think about. I remember when she was just a little 4 year old, walking into daycare. Needless to say, she is all grown up and is gorgeous. She looked just like a barbie doll in her prom dress. After lunch, we headed home. I immediately fell into bed and took a 2 hour nap. When I woke up, my parents and grandparents had been here for a while. My family came over that evening, to celebrate my little brother, Drew's birthday. It was a fun time. Little Jackson was quite entertaining...he had us all laughing so hard. There is no doubt, he is his father's child. My brother, Cary, can make me laugh like no one else. Love him.

I had a restless night of sleep and woke up this morning, you guessed it...feeling sick again. Guess I should have prayed for it to stay away a little longer. My doctor called me in some phenegrin. I am only able to take 1/4 of a pill each time...it makes me terribly sleepy. I go back for my second u/s on Thursday, so I think I will ask him about Zofran. So many of you mentioned that. I have tried several things that you girls suggested...some have helped, so thank you! I do realize that this is just a regular part of pregnancy...I just want to be able to function and accomplish a few things each day, so whatever helps me do that, I'm a fan. :) I don't know why, but I've also had "bloggers-block". I still get online and stay updated on what's going on with you girls. It's just for some reason, I just don't feel like writing as often. Maybe it's just that I feel sick and have very little energy. I'm lucky if I feel like cleaning the toilet, let alone blog. Even though, my sweet husband is giving me some help with the cleaning and I'm so very grateful. He keeps telling me, "you're one and only job is to cook this baby." (LOL) So I'm doing my very best.

Well, the phenegrin has kicked in...that means it's bedtime!

Love you guys,
Jill

21 comments:

Rebekah said...

You will LOVE it when you get out of the first trimester. Its a wonderful time when the sickness goes away and your actually showing. Its the best part of the pregnancy. It wont be long so dont feel bad about not wanting to do anything. Its so normal, and I think in the begening you are suposed to just lay around and like your hubby said "cook the baby." Im so very excited for you.

twondra said...

Glad you felt better on Easter! Hope you feel better soon.

Love the picture....you look great!

becca said...

I love phenergan. We try to have some on hand at all times b/c you never know when that stomach bug is going to start making its round thru the fam! When we found out about the gel kind that you rub on your wrist... OH MY were our lives better!
I sure hope it passes when you hit 12 weeks and this is not a throughout pregnancy thing!!
Glad you were able to enjoy your Easter... and I love the idea of taking pictures of the families... we always forget!

Megan said...

So glad you weren't sick on Easter!

Heather said...

YAY! I am so glad you felt good on Easter. I take phernergan, too, sometimes for migraines and it does make you sleepy! Some people more than others....but I am so glad it is working! :)
And girl, you just wear that maternity stuff!!! You have waited so long....be proud and excited!!! That's how I am and I still say my maternity jeans will be around LONG after I have this baby!!!!
Praying for a good week for you!

Faith said...

Jill, I'm so glad the sickness stayed away so that you could worship on Easter morning. Sounds like you had a great day with all of your precious family!

Hope you feel better this week!

Michele said...

Glad you had a good Easter and were able to enjoy church! Since my second pregnancy, I've had to go into maternity earlier. My uterus shoots like a balloon (even though my weight drops!) and it is tender to the touch, so I cant wear buttons or anything. I agree-enjoy it all the way! :)

Rhonda Rae said...

Just hold on gurl Before you know it you will look up and realize you have not felt sick in over a week. You will love your 2nd trimester. The sickness is all gone. Your energy level goes way up. And you start to feel the baby move. Its the best.

sara said...

So glad you had a good Easter and I hope the pills help a bit with the morning (all day) sickness. I say buy not one...but two (or three!) cute dresses. You totally deserve them, and buy some fabulous shoes to go with them and take a ton of photos for me to oggle over, LOL! ((hugs)

Rathi said...

Hope you feel better this week! The picture of the two of you is cute!! Glad you had a great Easter, have a great week!

Shannon said...

What a cute picture of you two! I'm glad you were feeling good for Easter. What an answer to prayer. My sister in law, Katie takes Bendectin ? (I can't remember the name). She says it really helps.

Mazzy said...

Praise God for the small things!
Zofran is AMAZING.
Buy some maternity jeans... THOSE are the best invention ever. God knows I am still wearing them and it will be a while before I tuck them away for good.
*hugs*

Glitter & Bliss said...

So glad you had a good Easter. I know you are worn out. I am so glad that you are a stay-at-home wife too. I had to teach 7th and
8th graders everyday, and try to act like I had it all together. It was tough....but sooooo worth it. Mommyhood is the absolute most wonderful thing!!!!

annalee said...

beautiful prego girl,
i'm so glad you felt better on easter sunday, what a blessing.

i know it's easy to say now, but hang in there. i had "all-day sickness" with adelaide and around week 13 it was like all those symptoms were there one day and completely gone the next!

Allyson said...

Hi Jill - I'm new to your blog, I found it via Kelly's prayer blog. I think I'm listed a few names down from ya!

I'm 10 weeks pregnant and as sick as can be too. I pretty much just want to sleep all day and I can only eat what I'm craving. Anything else makes me even more sick (even just the thought -- or heaven forbid, the smell -- of it).

I will tell you that it's getting better. They put me on Pheregrin 25mg and Zofran 8mg. I rotate taking each one every 6-8 hours. It's helped quite a bit, althought I'm not a huge fan of Zofran like everyone else I know is. Not sure why, but it doesn't seem to work as well on me.

I'm told that 10 weeks will probably be the worst because the HCG starts to taper off after that point. It's been pretty much impossible to function, especially with having 3 other children.

I just wanted to send some encouragement your way and remind you that you're growing a healthy little baby and one day, in the near future, you'll wake up and feel fantastic. I promise that you will instantly forget the horrible sickness that plagued you for weeks before and you'll be able to enjoy being pregnant!

I'm praying your sickness gets better soon. Hang in there! You're not alone!

Congratulations!!!! You'll be amazed at how much your little one grows by your next ultrasound!

Allyson

Rathi said...

Thanks for the comment. I think the picture was taken in Tasmania when they were there on vacation. My sister's husband is working in Australia until 2010, that was one of their vacations! My niece has traveled more than me and she's only turning four, lol! Hope you are feeling better!

Christi said...

Oh Jill, I feel for you on phenegran. Don't drive on it. It would knock me out and I hated that feeling. One suggestion...don't clean toilets when you're getting sick. It just causes more gagging.
One day you'll feel better but when you don't it's not something you can understand.
I saw something today that made me think of you. Could you please email me your address keenerfamily@gmail.com. I would gladly share my address so it doesn't appear that I'm a stalker...I could even send it to your church if you felt better abou that.
Christi

Faith said...

Whoohoo! I love that we serve a God who understands our need to worship. So glad to hear that your Easter was blessed and healthy.

Kelly said...

OH JILL- I am SO happy for you! I have been following your blog and praying for you. Your story has truly touched my heart. Things have been busy and I was behind in my blog reading. I just found out that you are expecting! AMEN! God is glorious! I had to search for the post that you announced your pregnancy on! I found it- how exciting! I can't tell you how happy I am for you!

cherry said...

Hi Jill! I was reading up on the pregancy (congrats)...I struggled BIG TIME with hyperemesis gravidium...for the whole 9 months...so I know what you are going through. I will pray for you that it gets better. I am highly allergic to the phenergram..zofran worked the best for me..but barely kept the nausau at bay. I really feel your pain...one reason we only have one child. If you need to talk please email me. cherry

Holly said...

I'm glad you weren't sick on Easter Sunday, that would have been horrible! :(