Sunday, April 19, 2009

U/S appointment #2

Thursday was our second ultrasound appointment. It has been a busy weekend...sorry I'm just blogging about it. We waited for over two hours at the clinic. I couldn't believe how long we waited. We waited an hour in the actual waiting room and then another hour or so in the room (unclothed from the waist down, I might add). I'd much rather wait completely clothed in the waiting room. (LOL) The doc came in and immediately found the baby. :) We heard the heartbeat and it was so loud and strong!! It was 170bmp, this time. We were so excited upon hearing the heartbeat. I will never tire of seeing our baby on that screen. It just seems like a dream. The baby was standing on it's head and we could see it's little arms and legs. We were amazed at how much more you could see vs. at 6 weeks. The baby measured right at 8 weeks. The doctor told us that everything looked perfect! He also gave me some natural remedies to try for the nausea. He told me that if these didn't work, I could talk to my OB in the next week about something else. That was another big thing...I graduated from the fertility clinic. I was a little sad. I have been going there for the last year and a half. Same doctors and nurses every time...I love that clinic. God used them to help us achieve pregnancy and I will be forever grateful. I was able to hug my doctor goodbye before leaving...I was glad he was there (he wasn't the one that did the u/s). They were all just grinning from ear to ear. They seemed as excited as we were. Makes me cry, just thinking about it. I am supposed to see my OB in the next week or so. I've talked about him before...he's a wonderful doctor and a wonderful man of God. He delivered Alex, 32 years ago, so we're excited for him to be the one that delivers our baby, as well.

The doc said, my ovary was only twice the size that it's supposed to be now and there were still cysts, but they are getting smaller. My stomach is starting to go down some, as well. Oh, and they actually changed my due date to November 26th...Thanksgiving Day. :)

I'll end this post with a new pic of our baby. Isn't he/she the cutest thing!? :)


Love you guys,
Jill

34 comments:

Elaina Weaver said...

We love the pic of our new neice/nephew. Clearly a very active little person.

November 26th huh? That is a good day. It is my mom's birthday.

And how fitting that this little person join our family on Thanksgiving Day.

Ready to find out if I have a neice or nephew so I can start buying and making. :)

Erika said...

How exciting! What a beautiful baby!
The end of November is a great time to have a baby. My daughter was born on Nov 22nd.
Congratulations!

Cheryl said...

How amazing the difference between 6 weeks and 8 weeks. I am due December 11th and had our 6 weeks sono last week. I can't believe how fast they grow and change!
Glad you will be at your regular OB but I know it is sad to leave your fertility clinic. Hang in there with the nausea. I hope it gets better for you!

Joy@WDDCH said...

So beautiful/handsome!

Michelle said...

Just beautiful! Your tired but look at the work your body is doing!

Faith said...

Look at that beautiful baby! So glad everything is looking good. Hope you find something that remedies the nausea soon. Have a great week Jill!

bb said...

Beautiful!!!! I understand the excitement you felt at seeing and hearing that amazing heartbeat! Congrats again!!!!

Eric and Emily said...

What a cute baby picture!!! And seeing your baby on ultrasound just never gets any less exciting!!! It is so fun! I hope you get some relief for your nausea.

Time really does go by fast so enjoy every moment of your pregnancy, I still can't believe mine is getting closer to the end, it will fly by! It is amazing how much more appreciative of it all you can be when you have to work for it!

Heather said...

Oh, so amazing!!!! What a precious picture of your little one! SOOOOO happy for you and your Thanksgiving miracle!

Glitter & Bliss said...

I know you are so in love already. Your life will be forever changed, but in the best way ever. My oldest lost his first tooth today. I cried!!! I am so looney..... Congrats again... Leslie

Joannah said...

Looking good!

annalee said...

beautiful, beautiful baby! what a precious moment. rejoicing with y'all!

Vashti said...

Amazing! I am just so happy for you. its so exciting to follow you on this journey.

becca said...

ITA on the waiting... I hate getting called back to the little room and then waiting there forever. ESPECIALLY when at a toddler's doctor appointment. Nothing is worse than trying to keep them entertained in that little room where there is nothing to play with or even touch!
My next appt is April 28th :)

I Believe in Miracles said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUGE PRAISES!!!!!!!

Michele said...

So wonderful!!!

Shannon said...

What a beautiful baby!!! :) My nephew, Zach was due around Thanksgiving too and it was such a wonderful time of year!

Jen and Jared said...

That's a great heartbeat. It's so wonderful to hear life.... especially life inside of you! Seriously, you are making me want another baby... :) Thankfully I have Jared to bring me back to earth.

Love you,
Jen

Nitzia said...

so fun! John William supposed to have been born on Thanksgiving of last year which was Nov. 27.... the stubborn little guy didn't want to come until Dec. 1st... but my due date was thanksgiving day and that made it very special! Maybe your baby will want to be born on his/ her due date, hope you feel better now:)

Unknown said...

That baby IS cute! :) Funny how partial we parents are from the beginning! Hearing the heartbeat and seeing that baby during the ultrasound NEVER gets old....So happy for you guys! Now the next big thing is finding out if you'll be buying PINK or BLUE! :)

Jenna said...

Thanksgiving due date? PERFECT!

Faith said...

Thanksgiving, indeed. Happy graduation day!!!

Courtney said...

I think it looks a little like you!

Mandy said...

Sorry this isn't related to your post, but I'd love for you to read one of my most recent blogs (A Shout-Out) and comment on it. You'll see why when you get there. Thanks!

Mandy said...

Hey- Thanks for commenting. I realize you aren't as far along as the rest of us, so it'll be awhile before I'm able to do this for you, but I still want to when the time comes. I'll keep following you and when you know more, we'll get it all worked out :-)

Hilary said...

Very beautiful picture of your little one :)!! Hope you better every day :)

Mazzy said...

OH SO CUTE!!! ;)
I am glad things are going well and I hope the natural remedies provide some much needed relief. Prayerfully once you hit that second trimester, it lifts like a fog. I know it did for me.
*hugs*

Leslie Laine said...

Love this! So glad that things are moving along so well. This is all so exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!! ab

Becca said...

Jill, congrats on your precious miracle!! Thanksgiving will take on a whole new meaning for you now. So exciting! I have been following your story for a while and have been inspired to start blogging myself as we go through our upcoming FET. Stop by and visit me if you can! :)

MiMi said...

Congratulations on your graduation! I am so glad to hear all of the good reports about you and this precious baby.

I hope that you are able to get the nausea under control very soon.

And how appropriate that this precious gift from God would be expected on Thanksgiving! God is Good!!

Anonymous said...

Oh he/she is adorable! Jill I'm so happy for you. I hope you find some relief from the nausea, it tends to colour everything grey when we feel rotten. Sorry not to have posted sooner. thinking of you xxx

Rhonda Rae said...

u are so lucky we will deff have to do lunch soon. yea the ivillage one is really cool it tells u a lil think each day and shows you a 3d U/S pic of what baby looks like each day also where do u get your hair done I have to find a place thsts not $100 every time i go

Holly said...

Congratulations! What a cute little baby photo! :P