Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sunny Saturday!

I realize that I'm averaging one post a week...so unlike me, but truly the best that I can do right now. I've had a lot on my heart and mind, but it's not really something that I'm at liberty to blog about. It's something that I'm working through...just me and God, one on one. I also have the counsel of my husband, thank goodness. I don't know what I would do without him. If I happen to come to your mind, will you pray for me? I don't feel like I need to share details in order to ask for prayer. God knows my heart.

As for the miracle baby that I'm carrying...he/she must be growing and doing well, because this mommy is still very sick. I have good days, but they are few and far between. I have learned that I pretty much have to eat non-stop and keep my stomach full. This seems to help with the nausea. I'm not really eating constantly, but it sure feels like it. I've had some really bad days, but today was a good day and I'm praising God for it! I was also having problems brushing my teeth. I would brush and then throw up. Of course, this is a never-ending cycle. Once I throw up, I need to brush my teeth again. I brush my teeth again, I throw up. You get the picture. My sister-in-law, Sara, told me that she had to switch from her Sonicare to a normal toothbrush and that helped her. I'm addicted to my Sonicare but if it was the problem, I was more than willing to go back to a normal toothbrush. I did and it has helped A LOT. Thank you, Sara!!

Today was a beautiful, warm, windy, day. Alex is really good about making a list of projects that he'd like to complete around the house. Since finding out that we're going to have a baby, he has really wanted to complete the rest of his list. Well today, cleaning the garage/attic and making our flower bed pretty again was at the top of his list. We went to HD and picked out some pretty flowers. We also picked out a couple of fruit vines. We have never grown anything in our lives, but are excited to see if we can. I will probably stay away from them because I have a history...of killing plants. I just really don't know anything about them and I tend to over-water. Alex studies how to take care of something and does a beautiful job...he takes pride in taking care of our lawn in the summer and it always looks fabulous. I have a man that believes in working 6 days a week...5 days at his full-time job and on Saturday, he wants to work around our home. I love that about him. I also have to share this, because it's one of the sweetest things I've ever heard. I told him that I bought a pair of sandals and needed to buy some new tops for spring/summer and he said, "you buy whatever you want...I work, so you can have those things." Um, can you say, I'M A LUCKY GIRL!? I haven't really shopped for me in a long time, but now that my body is changing, I need some things. And the new sandals...well they were just too cute to pass up. I'll have to post a pic later. :) I just feel extremely blessed to have him as my husband. He is not only the provider of this family, more importantly, he is the spiritual leader of our family, my teacher and constant cheerleader. I'm excited that we're about to start reading through the Bible together. He has read through two different versions of the Bible already this year. I have a deep desire to read through the Bible in it's entirety. I don't read and comprehend quite as fast as he does, so he has promised that we will go at my pace. I didn't mean for this post to be all about Alex, but that's okay...he needs to know that I appreciate him and all that he does for our family. I love you, sweetie.

I hope to be blogging on a regular basis again soon, but for now, know that I'm reading your blogs and keeping up with what's going on with you. And as soon as I have the liberty to come back on a regular basis, I will. That's the best way that I can explain it.

Love you guys,
Jill

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet girl. I'm praying for you. It will pass. And Alex is a wonderful husband! xxx

Joy@WDDCH said...

2nd trimester here you come, right?! Good-bye morning sickness and hello energy. ;-)

Vashti said...

Great post! Sorry you are still throwing up, I hope it passes soon.
Have a great Sunday.

Rebekah said...

Jill Im so sorry you are so sick still. I still throw up while pregnant, UNLESS I can find something to think about that can prevent me to. I have also found that the foam that the toothpaste forms while brushing my teeth could be the reason (although this isnt entirely proven yet for me). Try out different toothpastes to see if it works for you. I know you didnt ask for my advice so Im sorry for that. I just know VERY well about the teeth brushing thing. Take care sweetie.

twondra said...

Hope you start feeling better and better. I will pray for you. (((HUGS)))

Hilary said...

Hang in there Momma!! It WILL get better!! So glad that Alex is such a great hubby to you...God is so good!! have a great week and hopefully the nausea will get better soon....:)

Shannon said...

I'll be praying for you.

Sometimes when I brush my teeth I throw up and I'm not even pregnant!!! :) There might not be any hope for me. :)

Take pics of all your flowers too. We did a lot of yard work this past weekend too. I'm going to post pictures this week.

Linda Lou Rogers Averitt said...

well what a full day:) sounds like a good one:) on the toothpaste deal,before you brush you can put a dash of salt on your tounge,very little like a few grains,this will stop the gag reflex, learned this from my dentist and it worked fro me:) but who knows everone is different:) I am always here to listen if you need me and I love you very much:))) hugs!! I will be praying.

Joannah said...

I am so sorry that you are struggling right now. I hope you will feel better on all levels very soon.

You have a wonderful husband. And he has a wonderful wife.

:-)

Glitter & Bliss said...

Hello. I will pray for your situation... I totally get the brushing teeth thing. It happened to me too. It too shall pass... So sorry you are so sick.

becca said...

brushing my teeth makes me gag. That was one of the things that made me think I was pregnant.
and I will be praying for you on the other. I'm sorry you are going thru whatever it is.

Momx6 said...

I am always glad to hear you brag on Alex - it's good to know he's taking care of my baby girl. I am praying for you.
Love, Momma

Faith said...

I've been missing your updates! I'm so sorry you are still dealing with the nausea. I hope that you will get to feeling much better soon.

You are truly blessed to have such a wonderful husband to love and take care of you. I feel the same way about mine - they are a gift from the Lord!

Girl, I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling in other areas right now and I want you to know that I am praying for you.

Love and hugs, Faith

kelliegene said...

Praying for you, sweet, sweet Jill and whatever you and the Lord are working through right now. I'm praying too for that sweet little peanut in your belly!! Love you!

Becca said...

Sorry to hear you are still feeling so sick and that you are also wrestling with other stuff. Glad you have the support of such a wonderful hubby! I feel the same way about mine. :)

Cheryl said...

Jill, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! I have heard that switching from Sonicare to a regular toothbrush sometimes helps. I feel like I am eating constantly as well. I am tired of eating actually. I felt so nauseous and tired this week. I finally decided to start taking my prenatal vitamin in the evening and it has helped tremendously! Have a wonderful week!

Monte and Missy said...

Just stopping by to see how things are going...loved reading you brag on Alex. That son/daughter will definitely know that mom and dad love each other! Thanks for your prayers and just know that you're in our's too.

Michele said...

I threw up a lot with Nick & Sophie, not so much with Alex, and not yet with these babies. But, I swore by peppermint tea. It really helped.

I had to stop using an electric toothbrush too. It was just too much.

annalee said...

i'm way impressed with one update a week right now! hang in there beautiful prego. praying the sickness clears up soon!

Alice said...

Praying for you! My Sunday School class has been praying for you each Sunday to have a happy healthy baby!

Mazzy said...

I forgot about the tooth brushing! I went through a terrible phase of not being able to stand it, too. I keep hoping your yuck passes... I know you realize this, but I can promise you beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is all worth it in the end. :) Alex is so sweet and thoughtful! Every wife should be so lucky!
I hope you work out whatever it is that needs to be worked out... God is pretty good at fixing stuff, so I am sure it will come in time. ;)
*hugs*

Molly & John Telford said...

so sorry to hear you are still nauseated...yuck, that is the worst feeling ever! would a mcbrides lunch make you feel better? you know that i'm in, "only for you"

becca said...

I laughed out loud when I read your comment. Then I asked Abigail about it when I picked her up from school. She said "we wanted to sell the snacks but Daddy wouldn't let us." lol!
I should probably let them have a lemonade stand. Abigail is such a little servant, she would love doing that... even if she didn't make any money :)

Unknown said...

Jill, I am praying for you, for peace and that God will ease your troubles. I hope that your feeling so sick gets better soon too!

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

I hear ya about being sick and having to keep the stomach full...yeeesh! Luckily I haven't had too much trouble with brushing my teeth - some, but not too much. Oh well, it's all SO worth it! =)

Hang in there hun...whatever it is that you are going through, I'm thinking about you.

MiMi said...

I haven't been blogging a lot lately, either, but I want you to know that I am praying for you. I am sorry that you are still having such a rough time with the nausea.

I'm thinking that Alex might definitely be up for "Husband of The Year"!

Hope you feel much better soon!

Love you, sweet friend!

Courtney said...

Thanks for the update, and you (and your family) are in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping to hear from you soon.

Newlywed Next Door said...

Hi Jill - Hope you start to feel better soon!
I actually recently found your blog and it is so great! I’d love to have a chance to talk to you about sharing some of your thoughts with other moms-to-be. Can you email me at Kirsten@thebabycove.com? I couldn’t see another way to contact you. Look forward to hearing from you!

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Only women who have never experienced morning sickness think it's all in your head! I had it with all 3 of mine with varying degrees of severity with each one. With my only son, I felt queasy most of the time, but only threw up a few times. With the girls, it was much worse! It was a trial, but you do get through it, so just hang in there. The blessing is that it indicates a healthy pregnancy!