Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm about to stim...

Shots are going well...have been doing them myself for a week now and like many of you assured me, I'm officially a pro. If any of you need a shot of something, just call me...I'm your girl.

I went to the clinic today for my first ultrasound/bloodwork since starting the Lupron. As the doctor (wasn't mine - was one of his partners) was doing the ultrasound, I noticed he kept taking the wand over to the left side and after what seemed like several minutes, I realized he was searching for an ovary. (LOL) I didn't tell him that there was no ovary over there (mainly because I wish they would read my chart beforehand). I just let him search and search and finally he asked, "you have both ovaries, right?" After telling him that I don't, he informed me that my one and only looks really good and that the bloodwork would tell us if we need to start the Follistim this weekend.

I received the call this afternoon that my bloodwork shows everything is right on schedule and that I can add my Follistim injection this Saturday! We will be up to 2 shots a day, but that's okay because it's still the small needles. Like I said in the first paragraph, I'm a pro. (hehehe)

Things seem to be moving along quickly...I like that. :)

Love you all,
Jill

6 comments:

andrea_jennine said...

Glad you got the "all clear" to start stimming!

Yetty said...

You'd expect them to read the chart first right?! Hope you continue having fun with the shots

sara said...

I'm so glad things are going on course...here's to some happy stimming. Don't you just love it when the doctor doesn't know what "parts" you have? Like I said, feel free to email anytime if you have any questions...I'll be here every step of the way!

Unknown said...

LOL- you are mean, but very funny! I'm glad all is on track! Hurray for your brave self and the shots.

Anonymous said...

That is funny. i am hoping at the least, the nurse reads part of the chart. i realize they are busy but come on..... I am hoping to not need any shots, ever. but i will know who to call. :) lu. ab

sara said...

Hi there, I just saw your nice comment. Thanks so much, you are too sweet. Yeah, the email didn't come through. If you try again let me know, but I'll watch out for it :-)