Sunday, April 27, 2008

Moving right along...

Was at the doctor's office bright and early this morning...was so weird to be at the doctor's office on a Sunday. Anywho, things seem to be progressing quite nicely!

Here's what we found out: Estradiol level was up to 444...yay! I just love seeing that number rise after the scare of not responding. Progesterone was .46 (he said anything under 2 right now is good). In regards to follicles, I had 1 (18mm), 2 (16mm), 3 (ranging 12-15mm) and 1 (less than 11mm). He said they like for them to be around 19-20mm, so we are going to take the Lupron and Follistim tonight and add one more medication called Menopur. That means 3 injections tonight...oh goody.

I will go back to the office early tomorrow morning and have an ultrasound & bloodwork. He said we could be ready to trigger tomorrow - depending upon what the u/s & b/w say! If not ready to trigger tomorrow, he said by Tuesday. Either way, that puts us retrieving this Wednesday or Thursday.

I can't believe we're to this point...I'm excited, nervous and scared all at the same time!

That's all for now...will update tomorrow after my appointment!

Love you all,
Jill

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yipee! So exciting.

Yetty said...

I'm excited for you too girl. If I had logged on earlier, would have told you you can inject the follistim in the menopur bottle and make it one (very stingy) shot. Drink plenty of water & keep yourself hydrated for retrieval. Good luck.

Mazzy said...

Very exciting!! I cannot wait to hear how it goes. (the menopur burns-beware!)

Unknown said...

I can't believe how fast this is going! I agree with Mel, the Menopur is stingy but it will pass. Hurray on your trigger about to happen.

Yetty said...

Hi Jill; here's some more info on the menopur. You only need half (1ml)of the saline mixture to inject and according to the literature that 1 ml can dissolve up to 5 bottles of the solid. So if you're doing full vials (1=75, 2=150 etc) just draw 1ml saline, dissolve first bottle of solid, draw again, dissolve 2nd etc. If you doctor has you on halfs, the procedure for say one & half of the solids is you draw all 2ml of the saline liquid, add to solid vial, then draw 1ml and add to next solid vial and that gives you one and half.

sara said...

I was going to add some info myself but gracechild nailed it on the head! Thanks for the good wishes and I'll be praying for you too! Cant' wait to hear how your week is going, that's exciting!