Saturday, May 3, 2008

Fert Report #2

Well, transfer has been set for tomorrow at 9:30am. I was hoping for a day 5 but it is what it is.

The nurse told me the following...I can't say that I understand it exactly but this is exactly what she said:
2 embryos - 2 cell/poor (don't expect them to progress anymore)
1 embryo - 5 cell/excellent
1 embryo - 5 cell/excellent-good
1 embryo - 6 cell/excellent-good

She said (since we are now working with 3 embryos) they will transfer at least 2, maybe all 3. The doc will make his final recommendation tomorrow.

You girls that have been through this...watcha think? Can you explain the cell division/quality, etc, to me? I don't know if our chances are favorable or not. That's really all the nurse told me.

Ultimately, I know that God is in control of it all and I know whatever the outcome, it's His best for me. So I can rest easy that everything is going to be okay.

I will update more tomorrow!

Keep us in your prayers, please?

Love you all,
Jill

5 comments:

sara said...

Hey how was your transfer? I saw your post late so I didn't wish you luck ahead of time, I'm sorry! I hope it went stellar. As far as the count and quality - each office grades them differently. But I know they look for 7-10 cells on day 3 for transfer. We transferred two eight cell day three embryos of excellent quality. Our lab just grades them as excellent, fair or poor. They will transfer fair or excellent ones, as well as freeze those qualities. Hope this helps :-) Update me when you get a chance, and put your feet up embryo mama!

bb said...

Good luck tomorrow - I'll be checking back on you!!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you ALL tomorrow!!!! love you. ab

andrea_jennine said...

Your 3 sound pretty good to me. The cells approximately double every day at first - so the day they fertilize, you've got one cell, the next day two cells, the next day four cells, and by a day-3 transfer eight cells. (The 2-cell guys would have arrested, or stopped multiplying cells, after one day of growth.) The grading of excellent or fair probably come from whether the embryo cells look "clean" or sort of fragmented - but it really isn't a reliable indicator of how the embryos will do. I'm glad that your clinic will let you transfer all three (or however many are still growing by tomorrow)!

Unknown said...

I can't help you much. From what I've read, every clinic has their own grading system, and I never learned about how many cells is good. But I'm checking in and hoping the transfer went smoothly!