Sunday, May 4, 2008

What a wonderful day...

We woke up early, did my PIO injection and then had breakfast. I then decided that since I'm supposed to go in with a partially full bladder, I had better start working on that. When I went in for my HSG test a couple of years ago, they told me to have a full bladder so I went in about to pop - then they informed me it wasn't even close to being full and to come back when it was - I just wanted to make sure that I got it right this time. I proceed over the course of the morning to drink a couple bottles of water, a glass of milk, a glass of orange juice...you get the picture.

Upon arrival to the clinic, I was about to die. I was in so much pain needing to go to the bathroom. I honestly thought if I went in for the transfer at that moment there was no way I could hold it. We then speak with the embryologist and the doc decides we'll transfer two, since they are excellent, my age, etc. He said he would be scared to transfer 3. We ended up having 2 excellent embryos. One was 8 cell and the other 10 cell! We also have 3 more that they are watching over the next few days that we might freeze.

They prep me and are rolling me in and the nurse could tell I'm in pain. She stops and tells me to go relieve my bladder but only a little, they need a good view of everything on the U/S and that's why they have you come in with a full bladder. I go to the bathroom and only relieve myself a small amount and go back out...I felt a little better but not much, still in a lot of pain.

So there we are in the OR and it comes time for him to 'place the babies inside me.' I held it together at first...just trying to concentrate on breathing since I was in so much pain but when he told the embryologist to bring the babies out, I lost it. Here she comes with our little ones and at that moment my heart felt so full. We were able to see them on the screen making their way inside me and tears just started running down my cheeks...I couldn't hold it in.

This has been one of the most emotional days thus far during this entire process. I've just never been this close to being pregnant before and as stupid as it sounds, I felt this immediate connection with those 'babies'. Just knowing they are a part of me and Alex and that in 9 months we could be holding them...I will never forget this day for as long as I live.

The embryologist came in after the procedure and handed us a little dish and said, "this is where your babies were before we put them inside you". That may gross many of you out, the thought of us having the dish that our babies were growing in but I thought it was sweet. Anything having to do with those babies is sweet to me.

So now I'm resting in bed, enjoying this wonderful day. Praying these babies decide they like it in there and want to stick around.

No matter the outcome, it's His best for me...

Love you all,
Jill

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

and now I have tears streaming down my face..i am so happy for you both and just want to praise God for all the good he has blessed you with. Jill, I just think of where you were about 2 years ago i guess, and where you are now. It is only a work of God. A great God. It is an inspiration to me and what prayer can do.

Anonymous said...

Ok, well, I think nat said it all perfectly... Love you girl. ~kt

andrea_jennine said...

That brings back so many memories of our first embryo transfer - the painfully overfull bladder, the tears at the sight of the two little sparks in my womb... I pray that yours turns out better than ours, that those little babies hang on.

CLC said...

Wishing you all the best. Good luck!

bb said...

Fingers crossed and hoping that the babies stick around. Good luck!!!!

Anonymous said...

wow........love you all!!!!! ab

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you and will be praying. It made me cry to read about it all too!! I love you guys!!
Love,
Heather

Unknown said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. You are so full of joy and happiness, it can't help but affect the outcome of this transfer.

Katie said...

Oh, I am excited for you! Take it easy-- you are pregnant until proven otherwise, and I hope you are never proven otherwise!

Hope said...

I am praying for you and your little ones. I think that was sweet too, I have never heard of any doctor doing that. Super cool. Tears flowed here too, I felt your emotions and excitement flowing through your words.

Take it easy, read, watch old movies and take this time for those babies to settle in and make you the mommy you are destined to be!

Sooo many prayers!

P.S. thank you so much for your sweet words to me, they do mean so much!

Anonymous said...

Transfer was the most beautiful experience! I am glad yours wen smoothly. Here's hoping.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW! I am crying again after reading this... isn't amazing how you are connected already? You are such an awesome mom and Alex is a blessed father! Love you all!

Mazzy said...

wonderful news, jill! i am so excited to read this... you are experiencing such beauty and hopefully the beginning of your child's (children's) amazing life.
Praise God!
*hugs*

Emily said...

PRAYING!!!!!!!!

Molly & John Telford said...

so cool! that was such a sweet experience! how are you feeling? what is the next step?

sara said...

I'm praying and wishing the best for you and the two little ones. I know what you mean about feeling an instant connection with them. When I saw the picture of the two of them before our transfer, I was entranced by them. I couldn't look away. It was love at first sight. Take it easy, put your feet up, and enjoy embryo mama!

Alison said...

Thanks Jill for the supportive comment the other day. Your faith is amazing. I think there is much I can learn from you. I will pray for you and your embries!!

Paula Keller said...

That is RIDICULOUSLY exciting!

Are you doing (or did you do) bedrest? I've gotta do two days. I think it will kill me to be still for two days!

I hope they snuggle in for a good nine months. I'll be checking in on you.