Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm Quirky!

Cheryl tagged me with this "quirky" meme. Sorry it took me a few days to respond, Cheryl. :)

Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag six fellow bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the six blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

So let's get started!

1. I wash my hands obsessively and tend to make Alex do the same, God bless him for putting up with me.

2. I gross myself out of fully eating many a sandwich, whether a burger, chicken, sausage biscuit...doesn't really matter as long as it's meat. I start thinking "what if this really isn't meat..." I then start to imagine what it actually could be and lose my appetite.

3. I have a certain order of how I do things in the shower...wash my hair, wash my face, wash my body, shave my underarms/legs. Every single morning this is the order and will be the order until the day I die.

4. I must shave every day or I don't feel clean.

5. I always check the toilet before sitting down, in fear that something will crawl up and bite me. I have never had this happen but have read many a story of it happening.

6. I speed up when driving under an overpass in fear that someone will throw something off the overpass and it will come through my windshield.

I thought it would be hard to think of six but as I type them, many more come to mind. I'm a freak.

Instead of tagging 6 people, I'm just going to say if you are reading this and feel like being tagged, have at it! :)

-J




post signature

11 comments:

Joannah said...

I'm all about #3, too. Can almost do the whole routine in my sleep! Ha!

Yetty said...

Well Jill, if it makes you feel any better, I HAVE had something (a very huge black rat) crawl up towards me in the bowl while doing the number two. Let's just say ... it's better imagined than experienced

I Believe in Miracles said...

Jill this is a great post!! Love the 6 things.

I don't shave every day, but in order to feel really happy and relaxed, I need to take a bath, read a book, and shave. If I don't shave, I'm not relaxed. It is amazing how shaving can affect our mood.

When I did the 6 item post not too long ago, I had about 12 things I came up with. :o)

**HUGS*

andrea_jennine said...

Nice one!

I had a fixed routine for the shower, too, but the old plumbing in the house we just bought has forced me to change it up. I always washed my hair first, but now I save it for last because the hair-catcher we use to keep the pipes from getting clogged slows the drain down as it gets full of hair. Washing my hair first = taking the rest of my shower in a tub that is filling with soapy, dirty water. Washing my hair last = no standing water in the tub!

Faith said...

Re books -- YES. What an awesome read. I can be such a Martha sometimes :)

Hope2morrow said...

You're not a freak! You're you, precisely the reason your husband married you!

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

I was cracking up reading this, lol...I do so many of those things! I have to save every single day or I feel disgusting and it puts me in a terrible mood!

Eric and Emily said...

Love reading the OCD quirks you have, just kidding. I think they are very normal really, I mean it is quite possible a snake could slither up the toilet right? haha. Too funny.

sara said...

Oh sweetie, you're not a freak - you and I are a lot alike. I do a lot of those same things, especially looking down at the toilet, LOL! Thank you so much for your kind words over the last few days - you have no idea how much I enjoy reading them and they really lift my mood and spirit. As far as how long we need to keep Spot in there (that's a question I ask all the time too) - technically she has a chance at survival at 24 wks - but the chance for severe lifelong problems is very high. At 28 weeks - that's truly a milestone where if she was born she would stay for quite awhile in the hospital, but the risk of having any lasting problems goes way down. So basically doctors really like you to get to that 28 wk mark as a minimum. We're almost 25.5 wks. 28 for us is September 15th. Thanks for asking about her though :-) Lots of hugs to you too, and thanks again. I mean it.

Wishing 4 One said...

Hey Jill, you are definitely not a freak, i think more of us than we care to admit agree and do many of things you listed and could too list more, me anyway. Missed you and be glad when these trojans leave my laptop, still here but I can connect to internet thank God. xoxoxoxo

Olive Oyl said...

I just have to comment on this post! I found your blog off of Eric and Emily, who I know through my sister-in-law. ANYWAY. I am dieing... I too shave every day, for the same reason... and I too have the same order in the shower... and just don't feel clean if I don't get it all done in my same manner (my shower also ALWAYS takes 9 minutes... so I know I always do what i'm supposed to do because it always takes the same time!). I also CANNOT sleep at night if I know the toilet seat isn't down. I also close the door to the potty-closet. If some creepy snake is going to crawl up the pipes, I don't want it coming out to get me!!! :)

Sorry, just had to comment on someone who is soooooo my bathroom-ritual twinsie! :)