Thursday, September 4, 2008

Blessings...

Well, I feel like I haven't really blogged in quite sometime so I guess it's time for an update!

I have nothing but blessings to share...

First off, after a month of non-stop remodeling (we had an awesome team!) we are now in our new building! We had our first service in the new building last Sunday. We had the Lord's Supper for the first time as a church which was really special. God has provided for this new church every step of the way and I don't believe He intends to stop now. I believe great things are in store for Journey Church. I'm very thankful God has allowed Alex and I to be a part. I truly can't wait for the day when God gives us children that we can bring up in this church. My parents say that seeing all 6 of their children serving in local bodies is the greatest gift. The closer I become to being a parent, the more I think about this. I look forward to watching my kids grow...and Lord willing they will not only grow up, but most importantly grow spiritually and give their lives to His work. It's truly the best job to have. :)

Secondly, it has finally stopped raining here...yay!! I thought I was going to go insane. I hear the coffee is good but I could never live in Seattle.

And lastly, we're leaving for Florida on Saturday morning!! We're riding down with Cary, Sara and Jackson (my bro and his fam). I'm looking forward to a road trip with lil' J! He is a doll-face but he's also just a really cool kid. Here's a pic of my road trip buddy. Love this little guy. :)




Oh, and I almost forgot! After a very relaxing, almost 4-month break, we start (IM) estrogen injections tonight in preparation for our FET. This means I will be shooting up while on vacation but all is good...she said I can take them in the evenings which means I can still sleep in. :) Love to all!

post signature

9 comments:

Joannah said...

Have a wonderful trip! Good luck this cycle!

:-)

Leslie Laine said...

Hope you have a wonderful trip! Hope this is THE cycle!!! :)

Hope2morrow said...

Thanks for posting. iw as hoping you were doing well. Enjoy your road rip, and good luck with your injections on your trip! When do you do your transfer? Mine's the 11th of this month! Exciting!

Hope said...

I hope you have a great trip.

That is my favorite memory to make...raising our child in our church. Watching him/her growing through the SS classes and finally getting to sit with the other kids. Sometimes in church my heart aches the most.

Love and lotsa prayers your way!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill! I found your blog! I thought you might have one, so I just typed your name in google and there it was! Want you to know I have been praying for you ALL THE TIME. When I drive by your house, when I'm outside and notice your car, and numerous other times thruout the day when you pop into my head.
I'm now doubling up for your FET cycle!
Have you ever read http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/? She's a friend of mine from college who struggled for a long time... and is pregnant. She has a pretty huge group of readers.

Mazzy said...

I have been thinking of you!! Was hoping you'd post soon. ;)
I am exited for your FET and I am going to start the prayers now.
I hope you guys have a WONDERFUL vacation. Enjoy it.
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

YEA Baby(s) Averitt!!!-nat

Eric and Emily said...

I wouldn't pass up a road trip with that cute little guy either!

amy said...

I am a testament of God's faithfulness... our girls are here (EARLY!!) and doing remarkably well. He is so good. He knows the desires of your heart and I am beyond THRILLED to hear how he blesses you and Alex through your next step in your fertility journey!!!!