Sunday, September 14, 2008

Home Sweet Home...

Well, we're back from the beach! We had a great time and truth be known, it wouldn't have hurt our feelings to stay another week! Hurricane Ike took our beach two of the days we were there, but that was fine with us...Alex loved being thrown around by the huge waves that came with Ike and it allowed me to get my shop on! I was able to do quite a bit of Christmas shopping. I'm starting early this year...I'm determined to have everything finished mid-December. No wrapping all of my Christmas presents on Christmas Eve this year. I'm so bad about that and then it's hard for me to just enjoy the holiday. I'm going to do better this year!

I'm going to start pulling out the fall decorations this week! Change out the summer candles with some new fall scents...mmmm...I love this time of year. Thinking about giving my blog a fall makeover as well...you can look for that in the near future! :)

I also want to say, Congratulations to my friends Molly and John!! They welcomed baby Quincy into the world today at 2:20pm. He weighs 7 lbs. 7 oz. and is 20 inches long. I can't wait to go to the hospital to see him tomorrow!!

Here are a few pics from our vacation...love to all!
Me and my honey

Jackson on the beach
Joy, Pryce & Gerry


Cary, Sara & Jackson



My oldest nephew, Ty


Our little chunky monkey...he LOVED the sand, especially eating it!


Cody flying his kite



My sweet Daddy


I only wish I were this happy at 4am!



My nephew Cody



Me and lil' J, rockin' to Jack Johnson
Me and Alex at Baytowne Wharf Village


post signature

16 comments:

Charnè said...

o wow it looks as if you had a awesome time! Lil jackson is just to cute!

bb said...

Your vacation at the beach just looks fabulous - I am soooo jealous!! And just how long were you there? It seems like forever to me although it probably felt like hours to you. Glad you are home, and I look forward to the blog fall makeover!

Joannah said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time!

I need to get out the fall decor, too. Maybe next weekend...

Mazzy said...

Great photos, the beach looks absolutely amazing. I am so jealous! You look gorgeous and glowing. ;)
Getting back to real life sucks!
*hugs*

Hope2morrow said...

Hey girl. I'm sorry I am so late in catching up on email. Would love to chat with you via email about protocol for my FET cycle. Email me at hope2morrow@cox.net.

Love the pics, by the way!

Cheryl said...

What a fun trip! Jackson is adorable!!! Love the big chair picture!

Jim and April said...

I went to www.scrapblog.com and www.thecutestblogontheblock.com and I made the header at the first one and got my background at the second site! both free and both fun! Hope that helps!

Eric and Emily said...

How nice!!!! So jealous! : )

I Believe in Miracles said...

What great vacation pictures!! It looked like an awesome trip. Ah.. the beach. I wish I could have been there instead of stuck at work. :o)

amy said...

what a fun trip!!! I just saw the comment you left asking for my email. It's amyowen831@yahoo.com

Jim and April said...

looks like you guys had a great time! Great pics!

sara said...

You have such a photogenic family and husband! I like the caption about wishing you looked that happy at 4AM, LOL! I'm glad you had a safe trip home and the beach pictures made me feel very relaxed and peaceful. Thanks for sharing. I do love fall - it's simply the best. Hope you're doing well ((hugs))

Rhonda Rae said...

Jackson is so darn cute lol. I really love the pic of him sittin there playin in the sand for some reason.

Kristen said...

What a fun vacation!!!!
I am sooo jealous!!! :)

Hope you had a great time.
I love Fall too!

Mary Kate said...

Thanks for the comment!! Good luck with your IVF cycle!! Don't give up till you get that baby(ies) in your arms!! I wanted to give up so many times, but always kept the faith!! Best of luck!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sooooooooooooooo jealous! We were supposed to go to the beach this past summer but didn't cuz of gas costs (and our house being re-done)... one day!
You look fabulous.