Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Saturday...

I had to wake up early this morning...ugh. If you know me, you know that it's best not to even talk to me until 10am. Me and early morning tolerate one another but we aren't friends. Alex was working from 8am-noon, so he had to give me my shot before he left the house. I was so sleepy, I didn't even get up for it. I just turned over in bed and exposed a cheek. (LOL) Sorry if that's TMI!

Anywho, I couldn't go back to sleep, so I got up and made myself a healthy breakfast...


Coffee & Cinnamon Rolls...yummy!

When Alex got home from work, we watched the Razorbacks get slaughtered. Bless their hearts, it's going to be a hard season!

After that, I finally got around and we went to dinner. I've been wanting to try this new place that just opened here. I'm pretty sure they are all over Texas but it's new to the Rock, so I had to try it. I had these yummy enchiladas stuffed with spinach, chicken & cheese and Alex had some sort of steak with bacon wrapped shrimp on top. The top shelf guac and queso were yummy as well! Alex gave it a 4 out of 5 stars.

All in all, it has been a very laid back weekend...no plans really. Those are our favorite kind. :)

Church is tomorrow...can't wait! It's our last week in the 'One Month To Live' series...it has been so good!

Hope it has been a relaxing weekend for you as well!

Love to all,
Jill





post signature

10 comments:

Nikki said...

I always love hearing about yummy food. I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend.

Lots of love,
Nikki

Joannah said...

That sounds like a tasty day!

:-)

Anonymous said...

hey, anytime you need someone to give you a shot, just give me a call, I'll come right over :)

Faith said...

Hey Jill! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comment!

I have been reading a little more about you and your husband and I will be praying for you and the transfer coming up. I pray this will be a time of rejoicing. I hope you don't mind if I keep up with how things are going!

Courtney said...

Okay, this church thing is starting to get a little creepy... we just started a series called 31 days to live...! Did your pastor start by giving part of the message from a casket? I know my pastor has a cohort where they all share ideas and series' with each other, I wonder if they know each other?
I'm glad the weekend went well, have fun this week!
(and if the casket reference makes no sense and now you and everyone who reads this blog thinks I'm in a cult...um, whoops. Not true! it's a cool series about living your life to the fullest each day!)

Jim and April said...

download a program like irfanview or if you already have a program where you can do stuff with photos...here is what you do...save the header to your computer and open it in your photo program and change the size down until it fits perfectly in your blog! Hope that helps some!

Mazzy said...

I LOVE Cantina Laredo! That was my favorite date place in college. YUMMY.
Your cinnamon rolls and coffee look so tasty I am drooling. ;)
*hugs*

Shannon said...

So where did you go to eat? :)

We are doing One Month to Live in our Sunday School. It is good!

Shannon said...

Oops is in Northwest AR outside of Springdale. It is actually in Tonitown. It is awesome!! If you ever come up to a game you have to go there! It is a great warehouse that is like a garage sale but has all new stuff for CHEAP!! It is so cool.

As for the chalkboards...I got them at Signed Sealed Delivered which is a store in Rogers. :)

Cheryl said...

I love cinnamon rolls. I think we are going to have breakfast for dinner tonight. Sounds so good!
I had to tell you thank you for the sweet comment on my Thoughtful Thursday post. It is nice to hear such encouraging words from someone who knows exactly what I am feeling. Wishing you a wonderful week!