Monday, October 13, 2008

Book Party!

Tomorrow night is my book party and I'm really looking forward to it. I was at children's market a month or so ago and found these really cool books...they are by Usborne Books. If you don't already know...I love children's books! I buy for my nieces and nephews but I also started buying books years ago for my future child. I have quite the library ready for him/her, so I hope he/she loves these books as much as I do! Anywho, I'm really looking forward to the party. Most of the girls I've invited have kiddos or grandkiddos and I'm certain they will get some Christmas shopping done tomorrow night. I know I will!

For all of my friends who can't make it...check it out online...they will deliver to your doorstep! :) The link is-----> www.ubah.com/HOS124421
They have so many that I want to add to my future kiddos library!

Just curious...what is your favorite children's book? Mine is "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs." My Mom used to read this to me when I was little. I have a copy and can't wait to read it to my child someday. :) By they way, Mom, I hear they are making it into a movie...supposed to come out January 2010!


Love to all,
Jill

15 comments:

twondra said...

I found your blog through Mrs. La La's blog. I hope it's okay that I came here. :) You seem like such a neat person and I'm touched by your story and that you consider infertility a blessing. That's amazing to me! We're currently going through IVF. I would love to continue reading your blog if that's okay. You're very inspiring. :)

Mary-Lee said...

Oh goodness!!!! "Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs" is my ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOK!!!!!

I think I gave it to Brock for Christmas one year!!!

Liz Harrell said...

How fun! I love that book!

Jim and April said...

my fav. book was "Is your mama a llama?" LOVED IT! I also loved..."are you my mother?" I LOVE children's books and I too have already started a collection for my future children! I hope your party goes well!

Courtney said...

I've never heard of 'cloudy with a chance of meatballs'. I'll give that one a try next time I'm waiting for something at the library.
I can think of a few books and it's hard to pick! If you asked me this question when I was 7 or 8 I probably would've said 'Superfudege' or 'Tails of a fourth grade nothing'. There are oodles of more, but that's what came to mind.

Joannah said...

I've got that one in my classroom! I think there is a sequel to it called Pickles Over Pittsburgh. Have a great party.

SAHW said...

So many favorites, hard to pick! I just love children's books. Being an elementary school teacher makes it a given, but I have spent hundreds of dollars on my library for my kids - first it was my classroom kids, and then it was for my own future children. I hope they'll appreciate them as much as I do. :) And I agree, Usborne books are awesome. :)

Leslie Laine said...

Definitely The Giving Tree. It's a classic, and it makes me cry every time I read it.

I love your childrens books library idea for your future baby. I think that is an awesome idea.

Alice said...

It was a great party!!! Thanks for the invite....beautiful home!

Anonymous said...

gosh, I can't believe I've never heard of that book. I'll have to check it out... and maybe then I'll realized I did read it way back when, but forgot about it. Who knows.
My favorite as a kid was "Yertle the Turtle."
The kids don't really have ONE favorite book.
Had fun last night, thanks for the invite!

Kristen said...

Ohh my goodness...Noah and Emma have 5 HUGE tubs of books. Being a kinder/2nd grade teacher. Children's books are a weakness. I think I have way to many. I have tons of favorites, but one of my favs that I can think of right now is The Kissing Hand. I also have all the sequels to go with.
Love your fav. book!

I might have to order from your show. Wish I could have come.
I would love to meet you someday! :)

Kim said...

A movie? Really?? Crazy!

Just to let you know, the painting is a 16x20! And thanks about the haircut!

Paula Keller said...

Well of course I love children's books also! Although most of mine are in my classroom.

I had lots, but probably my favorites were Shel Silverstein's poetry--The Light in the Attic and Where the Sidewalk Ends. But, pretty much anything funny!

I go back and forth, but today I'm feeling pregnant. How about you?

Anonymous said...

I love that book too!!!! Brock has it and I have it in my office as well for the kids in the clinic. Sorry I missed the party though I will look online! ab

Rene said...

I love The Lorax by Dr. Seuss- and How the Grinch Stole Christmas!