Sunday, October 12, 2008

Our Weekend...

We had a very busy weekend. After receiving 'the phone call' on friday afternoon, we decided it would be good to get out of the house for a bit. Alex took me to get my pumpkins and mums for the front porch. I found some really pretty ones. I'll post pics of all of my fall stuff later this week. We stopped by Fresh Market afterwards and stumbled across our new, favorite dessert. Have you ever had these?



Oh my gosh...we're addicted! They are called Whippets and they are delicious! They have a cookie crust, whipped marshmallow center and then dipped in dark chocolate. We ate the entire box!! What can we say...we had a bad day.

Friday evening, we had dinner at Faded Rose and then came home and crashed. We were mentally and physically exhausted. Alex worked until noon on Saturday and then we headed to my brother, Chris' birthday party. Here are a few pics from the party...


Me and my big bro


Birthday candles...


He requests that Mom make the same cake every year, Butter Pecan...his fave!



Birthday boy w/his girls

Opening presents



Kandace took a break from the party to take a little cat-nap




Everyone enjoying Cary's smoked ribs & chicken...yummy!

Jackson enjoying his corn-on-the-cob


Me w/my niece...she is such the cuddle-bug

Today, we of course went to church...we had the best service. Have I mentioned that I love my church!? Afterwards, my sister, Joy and I had signed up for a cooking class at Williams-Sonoma. They offer these every weekend and teach you different techniques and recipes. This week was a cookie decorating class...couple of pics below. I didn't think to take a pic of our cookies before we ate them. Oops! :)



It was a jammed-packed weekend and lots of fun. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well!

Love to all,
Jill

11 comments:

Hope2morrow said...

Sounds like you had a great family-filled weekend. I'm so proud of your strength, Jill. You amaze me and serve as a wonderful example of accepting it all with dignity and grace. Thank you.

Baby Candace has so much hair! Man alive!

Faith said...

Love all the pictures. You look so pretty in the one of you and Kandace. I am encouraged by your faith and trust in the Lord.

And, I totally want a Whippet RIGHT NOW!!!

Praying for you this week =)

Jim and April said...

You and your sister look a lot alike! I am SO glad you were able to get out and have a good weekend despite the bad news! Hope your doing at least a little better my friend! Have a great day! April :0)

Mazzy said...

I am behind on my reading... Jill, I am so sorry. I prayed so hard for you and continue to pray God will show his glory in all that happens in your life. I know you will be a mother, you have that desire in your spirit in such a way that I just know it is going to happen for you, whatever road it takes to get there.
I admire your strength, courage and integrity more than any other blogger I have ever read. You are simply amazing.
*hugs*

Shannon said...

Hi. I just saw your news and will be praying for you.

debbie said...

I did not have a chance to read your blog before... I am very sorry to hear about the phone call. But you are very, very strong and I admire you. Take care.

Kristen said...

What a great weekend. I bought mums and pumpkins for my front porch too! :) I love fall!
We are keeping you guys in our prayers. :)

Emily said...

Ok I've looked at two stores for the Whippets...what compamy makes them?? I need a Whippet!!!

Joannah said...

Those cookies look dangerous! I'm not super crazy about marshmallows, so it might be hard for me to finish a box of them. But, I'd definitely try one! Now, if that was a custard center, I'd be in big, big trouble. Me like custard!!!

;-)

Nikki said...

Your blog made me hungry! I glad you had a busy weekend. I know that can help get your mind off of things. You have been in my thoughts and prayers all day today.

Lots of love,
Nikki

I Believe in Miracles said...

Looks like a great weekend. I hear you on the comfort food. It is yummy!! Although sometimes I feel a little sick afterward.

I love how church always makes me feel better. It's like food for my soul.

I'm thinking about and praying for you.

***HUGS***