Thursday, October 16, 2008

Follow-up and a nice surprise...

I had my follow-up appointment with Dr. B this week. The clinic was SO busy but I ended up being happy about that BECAUSE....I was sitting in the waiting room and this cute couple came walking out, she came up to me and asked if I was Jill and I immediately knew that she was Wendy! She found my blog quite some time ago and we've been talking over email. She is the first person that I have 'met' through my blog that actually goes to my clinic but we hadn't actually met in person. I didn't know what she looked like because she doesn't have a blog but after we started talking on a regular basis, I found myself wondering if every woman that walked through the clinic door was her. I was so happy that she recognized me and said hello. She was the cutest, sweetest thing and I hope we run into each other again, very soon. It was such a treat meeting you and your husband, Wendy...it made my day!

Now for the follow-up...Dr. B wants me to go back on Lupron Depot (ugh) for 3 months. If you don't know what this is, it's the hardcore Lupron that makes you feel as though you're going through menopause. The last time I was on it, it was for 6 months and I had every side effect that you could have, so I'm not really looking forward to it. I do however want to do whatever Dr. B feels will better my chances of achieving pregnancy. After the 3 months on Lupron Depot, I will start back on all of my fertility meds (he's up'ing all doses of those) and he is also adding acupunture to this cycle. At some point in all of this, I'm supposed to have another HSG to make sure my right tube isn't now infected or blocked and that there are no uterine adhesions.

I'm in good spirits about it all for now. Might be a different story, once I start the Lupron D. :) I do know that my doc is as determined as ever to help me achieve a healthy pregnancy...he called me after 8pm the other night, just going over my chart again, wanting to discuss some other tests he'd like to run. I'm encouraged by him and his staff which makes this a lot easier for me.

Just wanted to give an update on what our next steps would be!

Love to all,
Jill

13 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

Thanks for the update. Your doctor sounds wonderful, which is super reassuring. I've never gotten a call from the dr - only the nurse.
Reaching out to give you a big ***HUG***

Jim and April said...

im so glad your doctor has lifted your spirits and that he seems to know what he is doing and that he cares! How cool is that! What exactly is the lupron for...do you have to wait three months to try again ?

Anonymous said...

Well I was a a market expo and picked you up one of those hand held fans for when you need it:)) always thinking about you and our baby and praying! love, hugs,kisses

Kristen said...

Still praying for you girl! You are precious! :)

twondra said...

Glad you got to meet Wendy! That's awesome!

It's so much easier when you really trust your doctor and I think that makes a huge difference. Good luck! I hope the Lupron is easier on ya this time! :)

I Believe in Miracles said...

For Random Reassurance Week, I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you.
**HUGS**

Amber said...

Isn't it amazing how we can go from completely shattered and crying one day to "giving in" to the doctor's expertise the next? I have had that same experience and thought it was pretty shocking. It sounds like your doctor is very similar to mine (he called me earlier this week, too, when things weren't going well). I'll be praying for you that things go well and your patience holds out. Take care!

Cheryl said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful doctor whom you trust. He sounds like he cares a lot about you. That's so important.

Eric and Emily said...

Glad to hear you had a good follow up with your dr. I havn't been through IVF, but I imagine in a way you just want to jump back in and not waste time. From what I have gone through sometimes the waiting is the most agonizing at least when you start the steps you feel like your doing something.

Joannah said...

I will keep praying for you to be blessed with a healthy pregnancy!

Faith said...

So glad to hear this update. Praying for what's ahead...

Leslie Laine said...

Great news about your plan. It's always nice to have a plan, isn't it? I always feel uplifted by the hope in it.

SAHW said...

I wish Lupron didn't have those nasty side effects, but I'm glad you have a good plan in place, it makes such a difference in how you feel (well, it did for me at least. :) I hope and pray the plan leads to success soon.