Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hanging on to hope...

Alex went into the attic and brought down all of my Christmas boxes last night. Such a good husband. :) Every corner of my living room is filled, as well as a corner in one of my guest rooms. So now I sort through each box and start making a place for it all! Christmas music is officially playing (all day long) in my home. You will all be sick of me and my excitement by the time Christmas actually gets here.

My sweet husband called me this morning with a surprise! Friday night plans are to have dinner at Capriccio and then spend the night at The Peabody. I love getting away, even if it's in the same town that I live in! Weekends are so busy for us, so it's hard to actually leave town - unless for a full week of vacation. We just really need this...he has been working crazy hours on a new project for work and I've been down, due to the fact that my hormones are crazy and this time of year...well, it can be hard. I love the holidays with everything in me and for that reason it makes my infertility even more difficult. I'm ready for Alex and I to have children to shop for, to surprise on Christmas morning, to make our annual gingerbread house with, to read the Christmas story to...I could go on and on. :) Though it's much easier now than it was a year ago, the desire is still there. I still pray on a daily basis that God would open my womb and allow me to have a child or would open the door for us to adopt. I pray with hopeful anticipation...knowing that He will answer this prayer someday.

I receive emails that include a bible verse or devotion for the day. These were my verses for yesterday and today.

I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.
~ Romans 15:13, NLT

Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep His promise. ~ Hebrews 10:23, NLT

Definition of hope:
1. To wish for something with expectation of its fulfillment.
2. To have confidence; trust.

I just love that!

Love to all,
Jill

21 comments:

Mazzy said...

I love that, too. I am pray the same for you... I know God has an amazing plan for your family and endless blessings that will fill your heart to overflowing.
*hugs*

bb said...

You have so much to give, and you are so generous with your support for others. Hoping your prayers are answered soon.

Alice said...

You inspire me!!!

Courtney said...

I agree - Infertility is hard. You get a good/fun idea about how you would raise your own children... but then no opportunities to do so. Hang in there and enjoy your weekend 'away'. I'm praying for you guys this fall...

Polly Gamwich said...

To wish for something with expectation of its fulfillment.

That so resounds with me.

The one sure way to beat infertility is to trust it to God. (another one that rocks my world)

Hold tight, He can be trusted ...

Faith said...

Jill, I know exactly how you feel. Christmas time is so hard for me, and I wish I could say it's getting easier, but each year seems harder than the last. I am praying with you that God would answer the cry of our hearts and bless us with beautiful, healthy babies.

I love Romans 15:13 - I have prayed that for years and it always encourages me to be joyful and hopeful in Jesus.

Praying for you my friend! Faith

Nitzia said...

I hope you have an awesome weekend with your sweet husband! i know God has great plans for both of you... can't wait to see your house decorated so post some pics when you get there!

Stephanie said...

Jill,
I don't know how it happens but I really needed to hear what you were saying, because believe it or not these past few days all I can think about is how if you would have asked Will & I if we would have a baby for this Christmas, we would have said DEFINATELY!! William and I love Christmas so much, but every month that passes without a baby takes a little of the joy away. I can't wait to have my own babies to share our wonderful Christmas traditions with! So just as you tell me just hang in there God's plan will make sense one day. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Eric and Emily said...

You still have such a great attitude about the holidays which can be a tough time, good for you!!! I had my roughest Christmas last year and am hoping I can get past it and enjoy everything about the Christmas season like you do!
Those are great verses!
It's amazing how God can heal a broken heart over and over and give us hope that someday our prayers will be answered in an way we will be forever grateful for.
I can't wait to see some of your decorations, you better post pictures, I could use some ideas!

Faith said...

Joy, peace and hope -- three beautiful thoughts for this most precious season and also for these struggles we all share. Enjoy your weekend "away!"

Rathi said...

I haven't commented before but read your blog through Amy's.. I totally understand what you are writing about because we are going through the same thing! It doesn't get easier but I know all of our prayers will be answered soon!

twondra said...

Thanks for sharing. I don't know if you saw my blog a couple days ago but it was a post from another blogger. I shared it and have had soooo many responses and has helped many people. Here it is:

http://twondra.blogspot.com/2008/11/happy-holidays.html

Anonymous said...

Again, exactly what I needed to hear, at just the right time. Thanks for sharing girl.
~katy

Kristen said...

Love that verse too!
I will be praying for you during this season.
I LOVE xmas too! I am just like you...I have TONS to put up in my house. :)

I Believe in Miracles said...

Thanks Jill. I needed to hear that. There is so much uncertainty, but God is in control. I pray that your desires will be fullfilled in full very soon.
**HUGS**

PS - I can't believe you have Christmas stuff down already. That's impressive!!

SAHW said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend together! Those breaks are awesome and work well as a re-charge. :)

Keep hanging onto your hope, it is inspiring. : )

Hope2morrow said...

Hang in there.

I love your Christmas spirit; this is my favorite time of year too!

Paula said...

Love those verses. Yes, pray, pray and keep on praying. God will open the door for you somewhere. I just know it!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jill, as always, for sharing. You are an inspiration in many MANY ways. Love you. ab

Paula Keller said...

I'm feeling the same way this time of year. Both of our families are coming to visit us for Thanksgiving and I SO wish I was at least pregnant!

KE II said...

Just wanted to say I LOVE that message of hope... thanks for sharing :)