Thursday, December 11, 2008

2nd Annual Bake Night...

Last year, I decided that it would be fun to have a bake night with a couple of my girlfriends. They come over and we bake Christmas goodies/candies to give to coworkers, neighbors...just whoever we think deserves a piece of Katy's yummy cream cheese brownie cake! (Isn't that right, Katy!?) LOL

This is our 2nd year to do this and it's always so much fun. Between the baking, we eat, talk, eat some more and laugh A LOT! It always makes my heart feel good to have them over and to spend quality time in the most important room in the house...the kitchen!

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine..." Proverbs 17:22

Love you girls!!
Jill

Andrea beating her peppermints...it's a little blurry because we were both laughing so hard!


Katy mixing the best dessert of the night!


Katy's cream cheese brownie cake


Andrea's peppermint bark


Jill's eyeless buckeyes


Finished baking...time to chat. Or as Alex said, 'you guys were giggling like a bunch of school girls!" LOL


Good times...

12 comments:

KE II said...

Okay, I really really need the peppermint bark recipe, I was introduced to it by my DH's family when we met, and I LOVE it, we have no such thing downunder, please help a girl out :)

Charnè said...

now that sounds like a awesome way to spend a evening

xxx

bb said...

It looks like you had a great time, and I wish I could sample the brownies. They look awesome!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I tasted some more of the...hutthumm...cake and it was better to me this morning! LOL. Had a blast with you guys - always good times. I passed along a share to Chris and all of us got "the nod". :)

~Katy

Jen and Jared said...

Hey girl... what fun! I can't wait to do my Christmas baking. I need to ask you how you make your chocolate for your buckeyes - my mom made some and her chocolate didn't turn out right! :) Talk to you soon...

I Believe in Miracles said...

You make me SO hungry!!! I want some.
What a great way to spend an evening. I did something similar (brownies, cupcakes and cornbread) for our youth event tonight, but it was just me!

Shannon said...

How fun!! All the goodies looked so yummy too!

I love your Gingerbread house too! That is something I have never done but yours was so cute!

Jenna said...

Sounds like SO much fun. Those pictures of ya'll's creations are unbelievable. I want to be friends you little mini Paula Deens!!!

Glad ya'll had a great night. What a neat tradition!

Kelly said...

Can you post the recipe for the cream cheese brownies?

Hope2morrow said...

Fun times! My family makes something like your last picture, but we call them Bon Bons.

Eric and Emily said...

mmmmmm...Christmas is the best excuse to make and then eat all those treats you made...oh I guess you had some will power to give some away as gifts! ; )

MiMi said...

What a GREAT tradition to start and it looks like you girls had so much fun!

Now...I think you need to be sharing some of those delicious looking recipes with the rest of us! (-: