Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bringing in the New Year...

I just got back from visiting my parents for a couple of days. My sister, Joy, and I drove up together and though it was a fast trip, it's always fun to hang out with the rents. We went to Memphis to do a little shopping and then headed back to eat at one of my favorite restaurants, The Sandbar Grille...yummy! Their filet is one of the best I've ever had and their banana pudding is DE-LISH!!

My cute parents, sitting by the carousel.


Me and my sis, looking terribly washed out in this pic...I hear the tanning bed calling our name!


Alex and I decided to make reservations somewhere and bring in the New Year, just the two of us. We wanted low-key, this year. I feel like we've been running non-stop right up until Christmas, so it will be nice to spend this evening and tomorrow, just me and my man. Late last week, I started calling around and so many restaurants were completely booked or only had 5pm reservations left. So we reserved a table at P.F. Chang's for a late dinner and will come back to the house and watch movies on the couch until midnight. My definition of a perfect evening.

I can't believe that I have to start writing 2009 on my checks, starting tomorrow. It took me until July to get used to writing 2008. Has this year not flown by? When I stop and reflect on 2008, it makes me smile. God has truly blessed us this year. I have to say, the one thing that I am most thankful for this year is Journey Church. We started with 4 of us in a living room. I have to admit that it was hard to even imagine at that time, just how far God would bring us and in less than a year! It's exciting to be a part of Journey and to be under pastors that have such huge hearts for bringing others to Christ.

When I think about what Alex and I have been through personally, this year, it also makes me smile. I'm thankful for each and every exciting and painful moment. Though I wish it had been God's plan to give us a baby in 2008, for whatever reason, it was not. So until then...I will wait. I love how He continues to heal our broken hearts and give us renewed hope. He is such a cool God. I'm trusting Him to grow our family in 2009! :)

I also can't help but stop and thank Him for blessing so many of you with healthy pregnancies this year. I have so many on my prayer list that I've been able to write ANSWERED PRAYER by your name! Each time He answered a prayer, it strengthened my faith...it showed me He is in control and He still performs miracles on a daily basis. I still have many on my list that are still waiting and I will continue to pray and believe that when the time is right, He's going to bless you with your miracle.

I'm excited to see what God has in store for my family, church, as well as all of you, that I've been blessed to come to know this year.

Happy New Year!

Love to all,
Jill

10 comments:

Rathi said...

What a great post! I agree with the New Year's plans, that is exactly what we are doing, having dinner and then watching the ball drop, followed by a movie. I am glad that we were able to spend the holidays at home too! Praying for you guys and hope that 2009 is our year!!! Happy New Year!

Michelle said...

Jill- I got your blog from Alicia. You bless me everytime I read it. Today is no different. You are a pillar of faith and hope. Thank you for sharing all that you go through and for your astounding faith in the Father! Happy New Year, I am praying for your growth as well!

Melissa Jo said...

I pray for a little blessing this year for you too...I'm "waiting" too, that's the hardest part, but I'm getting better! God Bless you and your family for 2009!!

Anonymous said...

Your positivity, faith in higher power, love of life, thankfulness for God's many generosities, and hope for the future are wonderful examples for those who become so burdened down with despair and anger. Your blogsite provides rest for the weary, thought for the empty, a diversion from fertility mania, and a wonderful place to come to take a deep breath and get a fresh perspective. Thank you for your sensitivity, your example and reminder that patience and God's will - will be done !

Joannah said...

Jill, I love how you find the good in all situations. I hope 2009 is an amazing year for you and your hubby.

Eric and Emily said...

You have a great outlook about life!!! God may be waiting to give you a child because I think he hasn't been done using you as an example to the rest of us on trusting God during the hard times and keeping a positive attitude. I pray you will have a baby coming in 2009!!!! God has used you in an amazing way through your infertility. Yay for a brand new year!!!!

Paula Keller said...

I hope 2009 is filled with much happiness and many blessings for you Jill!

Faith said...

Jill, you are a blessing to me in so many ways and I am so thankful for that. I am excited to see what God has in store for 2009 for all of us as well!

Happy New Year to you! Love you, Faith

Shannon said...

I'm praying for God to grow your family in 2009 too! I'm glad we got to "meet" this past year and look forward to continuing to get to know you in 09. :)

I Believe in Miracles said...

So blogger ate my comment. If you get 2 I appologize, but for some reason as I went to publish the computer froze up.

I love the idea of the answered prayers list. I have something similiar where I move people around as well. I'm praying that you will get moved very soon. I'm so hopeful for you this year.

I'm so thankful for you, Jill, for your encouragement and faith.

~~HUGS~~