Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Day...

Christmas Day started with my sweet hubby allowing me to sleep in. I was so exhausted, because I stayed up until almost 3am Christmas morning, wrapping presents for later that day. I swear, next year I'm paying someone to wrap all of my presents. It will be worth every penny because I despise wrapping gifts. (LOL)

Alex and I decided early on that we would only do stocking stuffers for one another, this year. We're also buying a desk to set up a home office, which is part of our Christmas to each other. (I'm excited to find a desk...I'll post pics when I do!) He is going to be working from home one day a week and I'm ready to have a place for all of our computer stuff to go. Besides, with everything we have spent in fertility treatments this year, a home office and stocking stuffers are plenty. Alex cheated and bought me a little more than what can go in my stocking, but I love him for it. :) Around lunch time, my family came over and we had Christmas with them. Here are pics from Christmas Day with my side of the family...

Diesel had a big candy cane bone in his stocking...took him all of 30 mins to devour it, I'm sure. :)


BE WARNED!!! The following pic is of me as soon as I wake up...pre-coffee, pre-anything! (LOL) Alex bought me several books and cookbooks that I had been wanting...this being one of them. Williams Sonoma's Holiday Entertaining. Love it!


One of Alex's faves...Starbucks chocolate covered espresso beans.


Cody opening his very cool pumas.


Sara lovin' her Glitter and Bliss necklace...it says, MOMS ROCK and has a animal print background! So cute!


Cary opening his present from Drew...this is an inside joke that has happened for the past two years. All I can say is, Drew better watch out when he has kids. (LOL)


Drew opening a classic movie that we watched as kids..."The Happiest Millionaire" Great movie!!


Daddy opening his gifts...


We gave Joylyn a little case of 6 pairs of princess shoes. She literally carried them around from the second she opened them. She is also wearing a pair in this pic. Too cute!


This was a gift to Alex from one of our members...she made he and Cary Journey ornaments. One of our faves on our tree this year...thank you, Vickie!!


Mom and I bought these for Chris, since he will be playing the drums at Journey. He evidently needs them, so that he won't go deaf while practicing. I think he needs to wear them all of the time, don't you!? (hehehe)


Okay, my Mom made these...they are called snowballs. I don't even like coconut, but oh my gosh...these are awesome!! I had one every morning with coffee...okay, maybe two. I'm going to post the recipe on the blog, later on.


And here is the entire gang at the end of the day. Jackson is attacking Cary with something in the background...crazy kid. (LOL)


We are so blessed. Our families make the holidays so much fun! We just want to thank our families for making this a very memorable and Merry Christmas for us both!

We love you, guys!

Jill

13 comments:

Charnè said...

Merry Christmas! looking at the photos from your Christmas lunch i can just see the love your family shares... I pray 2009 will bring another little family memeber to share in this love..

xxx

bb said...

Even pre-coffee, pre-anything, you are gorgeous!!!!! It looks like you had a fantastic holiday with the family and for that, you are blessed. I hope the New Year brings all that your heart desires. {{hugs}}

Shannon said...

Ok, I wish I looked like that in the morning!! It looks like you had a great Christmas!! I love those car mats. :)

Heather said...

SO glad you had a blessed Christmas with your family! I am just like you....sitting here today so sad that it is over!!

Shannon said...

Hi! Yes, her and my brother graduated from AB in 98 and I graduated in 2000. That is funny! How do you know her?

Jen and Jared said...

Hey... thanks for your tip on the header - on our new computer I'm still trying to figure all the programs out and the photo viewer is a lot different! :) There is a special note for you at the bottom of my most recent post! Love you, J

Mazzy said...

I love all of your pictures, what a wonderful and fully blessed holiday for you both! Does your family ever not have fun, seriously?! You guys are so adorable!
*hugs*

Glitter & Bliss said...

I am so glad that your SIL loved her necklace. That made my day!!! I had to call my hubby into my office to check out your wonderful blog. The pic of you (first thing in the a.m.) was so cute. What a doll you are. It looks like a great Christmas with family. Happy New Year and thanks again for your order.

Jenna said...

All the pictures are just great!! Looks like ya'll had a fabulous Christmas!!!

Faith said...

What a great time it looks like you had with your family. I love the big group picture...what a good looking bunch. You look so pretty in your present picture, I agree with Shannon, I wished I looked like that first thing in the morning!

Praying you will be wearing a "Moms Rock" necklace by next Christmas!!

Rathi said...

Can't wait for you to post that recipe.. Those look delicious! Glad you had a wonderul Christmas and Happy New Year! Praying for you and your hubby!!

Casey Roark said...

Jill,
Hi. My name is Casey and I just happened upon your blog from some others. I have neen been on the same journey as you for over 3 years and I am going to the same clinic as you and will be starting my first IVF this month. I would love to have your email because I have some questions for you and would love to have someone to talk to that is in my same shoes. Please email me if you have time. God Bless you.

Casey Roark
caseycroark@aol.com

twondra said...

Awww, so precious. You guys look like you had a great holiday!