Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Day...

Alex and I had a yummy dinner at P.F.'s last night. We stuffed ourselves...well, I stuffed myself, Alex had more self control than me. We ordered a couple of appetizers (pan-fried veggie dumplings and cripsy green beans) and then the manager sent out lettuce wraps, which was nice but we couldn't eat everything. I couldn't even touch my entree, I just had the waitress box it up to bring home. We brought home a lot of leftovers...Diesel enjoyed his doggy bag of wonton soup and fried rice...that dog is spoiled rotten. He ate like a king while I was at my parents. Alex went to Riverfront both nights that I was gone, so Dies had steak while Mommy was away. He tends to turn his nose up at his real dog food, if he eats like that for too long. Can't say that I blame him. :)

After dinner, we came home, watched the ball drop, and then went to bed! We slept in, until almost 10 this a.m. That was nice and very unusual for my hubby. He has been working a lot of hours this week, so he was exhausted.





I stopped by Old Mill Bread, yesterday afternoon, to order cinnamon rolls for this morning. They were covered in cream cheese icing and oh so delicious.


I need to be packing up Christmas, but haven't. I've been playing around on scrapblog most of the morning, which is why I've had several different blog headers in only a matter of a few hours. I keep changing my mind. Don't be surprised if it's different, the next time you stop by. :)

Here is a pic of my Christmas card garland that I will be taking down, today. I love looking at all of the picture cards that have come in over the holiday. Can I just say, that I'm friends with some extremely good-looking people!


Love to all,
Jill

16 comments:

Heather said...

I love the new header!!! Those cinnamon rolls look delicious! You are your hubby are such a great couple...love the NY pic of the two of you! Happy New Year, Jill!

Rhonda Rae said...

P.F. Chang's is one of my fav places even tho i have only been 2 times. Thats where Russell proposed so it probly will always be one of my fav places to go. You are so gr8 with the headers I wish i could do this whole pretty blog thing as well as you what i dont get is how to add the cute matching back grounds

Jim and April said...

ohhh...i just love your new look! very nice!

Anonymous said...

Got to tell you that looking at those pics of that delicious food makes my mouth water! HOWEVER I will not cave, instead I will simply savour how good they look and only dream about how good they taste. Wishing only good things for you xxxx

Anonymous said...

well I will have to go and get me a pretty header for my blog, I have not got there yet:) I am glad you and alex had a great time! I will come home today and take down my christmas, should of done it before I left but thought I would enjoy it right til the end:) love M_I_L

Cheryl said...

Love your new blog look! The blue and brown looks great! Sounds like you had a fun New Year's Eve! Wishing you the best in 2009!

Shannon said...

Sounds like a fun New Years! Cute picture! I really like your new header!

Jenna said...

Sounds like a great way to spend New Year's Eve - good food and good times with your husband. Love it!

Jill, it has been so great to meet you this year - you are just the sweetest and such an inspiration. I can't wait to see all the blessings God is going to pour out on you and your family this year. Praying for you, friend!!

Glitter & Bliss said...

I'm so glad that you had a wonderful New Year's Eve with your sweet hubby. I love the "new" blog look!!

Unknown said...

I so enjoy keeping up with you through your blog! We've never met, but I found your blog through a cousin of mine who is going through fertility treatments as well... just wanted you to know that I pray for you even though we dont even know each other and I am praying 2009 is the year for adding to your family!

Leslie Laine said...

Hi Jill - Love your new blog - great to see that you had a great time ringing in the New Year. I'm praying that this is our year!! :)

Faith said...

I am hungry now after reading your post! P.F. Changs, those cinnamon rolls...yum!!! So glad y'all had a great New Year's Eve together.

I love the new look...so pretty!! Happy New Year Jill! Can't wait to see what this year will bring...praying for one, two, or even three little ones to call yours!!

MiMi said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend New Year's Eve! I LOVE P.F. Changs and...those cinnamon rolls look amazing!

I have enjoyed getting to know you these past few months and look forward to getting to know you better in 2009.

Praying God's blessing on you and Alex in the new year!

Paula Keller said...

Mmmmm... fortune cookies!

Cream cheese frosting...

:)

Happy New Year!

Mazzy said...

Ha! Great minds think alike on NYE, eh?
I am so glad you guys had a wonderful start to what I pray is another amazingly blessed year for you both.
*hugs*

bb said...

Happy New Year!!! Your celebration sounds perfect to me!! Look the new blog look and those cinnamon rolls look sooooo good!