Saturday, January 3, 2009

My mantel...so bare and lonely

I woke up this morning and knew that today was the day...the Christmas decorations must come down! By Jan 3rd, that's not too bad. :) All of my decorations aren't actually in their boxes yet, because I'm planning to throw out some of my old decor that I don't use anymore. I'm also coming up with a better storing/labeling system. Alex swears that he can barely walk in the attic, because of all of my old stuff that I don't use. I guess we'll be cleaning that out soon, as well. A little early spring cleaning, I suppose. Ugh.

I'd like to share a pic of what my mantel looks like, at this very moment.

So bare and lonely...


Once Christmas is over, I'm always ready for spring! Alex keeps reminding me that winter has just begun. My problem is, I tire of things easily and constantly want to be changing things out. I have plenty of items to go over/on this mantel, but get tired of looking at the same thing. I'm excited to see what Shannon at Bless Our Nest starts revealing in the New Year. No pressure, Shannon, but I need some inspiration and preferrably on a budget! ;) She is actually really good with that...she's always sharing new ideas and they are always easy on the pocketbook, so if you haven't found her blog yet...check her out in the New Year. You'll be hooked, for sure.

I better get back to work!

Love to all,
Jill

14 comments:

Shannon said...

No pressure?!? Yea right!! :) I have so much trouble with my own mantle it is not even funny! :) I'm like you...I am ready for spring! I usually go ahead and put out some nests and spring touches just to lighten things up. :)

I Believe in Miracles said...

We left some "winter" items up this year. A box with a snowman on it and a bunch of Christmas cards. As well as our lights on our doorways. They've helped the place continue to look festive as the cold winter doom sets in.
Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Faith said...

I've been doing the same thing today. I hate how bare everything looks when it comes down. And, I also need to go through and throw some things out and get better organized because our attic is the same way!

MiMi said...

I finally got my decorations down today, too, and I am also in the process of purging and reorganizing. I went to W@lmart today and bought some big Christmas storage tubs.

Good luck on redecorating your mantel!

Elaina Weaver said...

Okay before you start throwing out all your old decor, call us!! Your little brother and I might need to go shopping @ Jill's Attic. I hear they have really cute stuff there. :)

Joannah said...

That's how I spent New Year's Day. But then all the boxes (and the tree) were in the living room waiting for Michael to put them back in the garage. He did that today. The room seems so much bigger now!

Jim and April said...

i SO agree with this statement that you said

"My problem is, I tire of things easily and constantly want to be changing things out."

I have the same problem!

Faith said...

I'm LOVING the new blog design -- such sweet pictures :)

amy said...

Love your new blog design. I'm totally clueless when it comes to updating mine.
I too put up the Christmas decor today and it was such a relief to get it all put away. I moved some things around to give a "fresh" look to some things....but the whole house still needs to be remodeled. :)

Glitter & Bliss said...

Right after Christmas, I'm always ready for spring too. All my Christmas things are down except some new glittery ornaments I just can't part with. LOL.. Thanks so much for your sweet comment you left about my dad's post. You are so precious. Life has been tough for me, but I know I am lucky in so many ways. HUGS...Leslie

becca said...

I didn't put much UP so I don't have much to take down... took the tree down I think on Monday. My stuff is in boxes waiting its trip to the attic.
I checked out that blog... small world, had her brother in my choir years ago at AB. I recognized her mom instantly.

Heather said...

My mantle looks exactly the same as yours right now. We worked like dogs yesterday taking down the Christmas stuff and reorganizing it. We did a little work in our attic, too. I was so sore and tired last night I could barely walk! So...for today my mantle is staying bare until I get my energy back to re-decorate it!

bb said...

A blank slate.... perfect for shopping and letting your mind wander. And the sales are pretty good too! Can't wait to see pics of the latest and greatest "Jill's House."

Chris said...

Would you agree the fireplace can really make a room, I just love those like the one you have, gorgeous!