Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Tag...

How about a Christmas Getting to Know You Tag?

My friend, Faith tagged me a few days ago and I've been looking forward to doing this!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Always wrapping paper
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial...I've never had a real tree...ever.
3. When do you put up the tree? This year, I had everything up in time for Thanksgiving day.
4. When do you take the tree down? New Years
5. Do you like eggnog? Not really...I'm a coffee or cider girl
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Mom (with the help of my oldest bro) made me a life-size doll...it was as big as I was, if not bigger. They made one for all 3 of us girls. They had outfits and everything...they were awesome!!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My brothers, Cary and Drew are kind of hard to buy for.
8. Easiest person(s) to buy for? My Mom, my sisters and Alex are really easy for me to buy for.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, my S-I-L, Elaina bought me one (for my birthday) last year and I love it!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail them. I'm so behind this year though...I haven't even designed mine for this year yet! YIKES!
11. WORST CHRISTMAS GIFT YOU EVER RECEIVED? Is there such a thing...it's the thought that counts, right? :)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Miracle on 34th Street and then Bishop's Wife (the original) is a close second.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I started in Sept this year but I'm still not finished.
14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm not big on that. I like to pick out the pefect present on my own.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? homemade buckeyes, sausage balls, crispix mix, white choc covered pretzels. These are things that we only make at Christmas for some reason, so I always look forward to them.
16. Lights on the tree? Only white for my tree. Now when I have kiddos, they will have their own tree in their rooms and they can pick colored if they like. :)
17. Favorite Christmas song? Cary and I sang "Labor of Love" last year at church...it's now my favorite. Beautiful music and lyrics...if you get a chance, look it up...such a true picture of what I believe it was really like for Mary that night.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? My family will come here to my home, so I had better stay here. :)
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I have to sing the song in my head...let's see...you know, Dasher Dancer, Prancer & Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner & Blitzen but do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all....RUDOLPH THE RED NOSE REINDEER! :)
20.Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Once I'm at the stores, I like the crowds of people but I don't like the traffic trying to get to the stores. :) I also don't like that it's hard to find more things that say Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays.
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have all colors on my tree...lime green, turquoise, hot pink...not much of your traditional red & green girl.
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? There are some cookbooks that I want. I also want Jon & Kate's new book...I really don't have a whole lot that I want now. My fam bought me several things that were on my list for my birthday! :)

This was fun, Faith! Thanks for the tag. Now all of you reading, take a moment and tell us a little about your Sassy Christmas Self! :)

I also found this on Faith's site...it's a short quiz to see what type of gift giver you are.

You Are a Creative Gift Giver
Your gifts are one of a kind, special, and well chosen.
Whether you've made it yourself or searched all over town...
There's really no one who has more of a personal touch than you.
What Kind of Gift Giver Are You?

7 comments:

Jim and April said...

cute survey!

Rhonda Rae said...

Thanks for the comment gurl. This was my 1st time making my own header, i think i might do it all the time.

I Believe in Miracles said...

Very cute. Totally with you on the traffic getting to the store. Drives me nuts.

Kelly said...

I haven't even started on my Christmas cards for this year either. Usually it is one of the first things I do. We always do a picture card and we haven't even taken the picture yet.

Mazzy said...

I am such a fake tree'er, too. I love how clean and easy they are! And I love that you will have trees for your kids in their own rooms. We've always had two trees and I decided long ago the family room tree would be the kid one as soon as there was a kid to share it with. ;)
*hugs*

Paula said...

I liked all of your answers. Its neat to see what traditions other people have. I've never heard of a buckyeye, I guess because I'm a native californian.

Faith said...

Love your answers! I'm not surprised that you are a creative gift giver too - I would have totally guessed that! So glad you played along!