Sunday, February 15, 2009

Everyday is Saturday night...but I can't wait for Sunday morning!

The above title is from one of Alex's and my favorite songs. I've said this several times over, but Sunday really is my favorite day of the week. I started my morning out, running late. I find that the devil is always looking for a way to ruin our day (especially when it's the Lord's day). He seems to always find little ways to discourage me, upset me or just stress me out. He would like nothing more than for me to walk through my day in total defeat, not able to do exactly what God has called me to do that day. I find myself more sensitive to this now...I'm able to identify exactly where those feelings of discouragement, anxiety or anger are actually coming from. It allows me to shift focus (more quickly) off of MYSELF & MY feelings and back to the Lord and what it's REALLY all about. I found myself praying all the way to church, this morning. Once I walked through the doors of my church, all of those negative thoughts/feelings left me. After worship, I had the opportunity to work in the Journey infant/toddler room. At one point, I had four babies sitting in a semi-circle around me, as I fed them goldfish crackers. They were like little birds, just sitting there with their mouths open, waiting patiently on me to feed them. I found myself enjoying it thoroughly. :) We've been having visitors on a regular basis (this is always exciting and encouraging for a new church :) God has been sending us young couples and many with children. Alex and I were talking today, about how great it is to hear the sounds of children in the worship service. I heard one 'sing out', this morning, and I couldn't help but smile while singing. After church, we went to my brother's house for lunch. My S-I-L made au jus, which is one of my faves. It was so good! Thanks again, Kerri! I feel like I'm getting sick again. I don't know if it's a head cold, allergies, or what. I'm sneezing like crazy, eyes are watering, and I'm having to blow my nose every three seconds. I had three babies with runny noses, today at church. Needless to say, Germ X was our friend. :)

Alex and I had a wonderful time, Friday evening. We'll definitely be going back, before another 12 years pass. Here are a few pics from our stay...

Dinner the first night...


My Valentine...


Brunch at Ashley's...


This is the ceiling in the lobby...that's the Arkansas Capitol in the center.


Room service at 4am...my stuffy head needed hot tea.


When we arrived home on Saturday, we exchanged cards/gifts...I felt like we celebrated all weekend! It was so much fun.

He's my McSteamy :) I told him that I wanted him to take this to work and drink his coffee out of it every day. Um, yeah, he didn't go for that.


This was my present from my Valentine. It's the coolest coffee maker...it will make coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate. We've been playing with it all weekend, trying every kind of coffee and hot tea that you can think of. It's awesome.


Saturday night, I made Alex chocolate covered strawberries...he was nice of enough to share them with me. :)


And I realize that this is a pic of my feet, but I just love these shoes and had to share a pic of them. (LOL) I *heart* ballet flats. If they ever go out of style...well, I will just have to be a fashion victim and continue to wear them, because they are the best shoe on earth. I wore these on Saturday, since it was Valentine's Day...because your shoes must always go with the holiday, right? :)


And to end this post...I had my first lupron injection, tonight! **If you don't want to see a shot being administered, don't read the rest of this post.**

My sweet husband, drawing my meds...


Incase you are about to start giving yourself injections and are new to it. The key to giving yourself a lupron (SubQ) shot, is to pinch up the skin, go in at an angle and then release the skin before shooting the medicine in. You won't feel a thing!

Hopefully, that last pic doesn't bother anyone. (the only thing I find offensive about it, is the fact that it's time for a tan...look at that pale skin!) I just wish I would of had someone to share tips with me, when I first started the IVF process. I was scared to death of needles and had no idea what to expect. The first shot was painful and now I realize, it didn't have to be.

That's all for now...have a great week, y'all!

Love,
Jill

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great weekend! Tons of fun! I am so in love with that coffee cup! and your coffee pot looks like the coolest toy ever! I want one! hehe! and red shoes! beautiful! I wore a red courdoroy jacket :) Hope you have a fabulous week!
~Abigail

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we both had the break we needed!!! Praying for you sister xxxx

Elaina Weaver said...

Glad you guys had a great Valentine's weekend. Thanks for the hug this morning. You are such a sweet sister.

Kristen said...

What a great day at church and a great weekend! LOVE, LOVE your shoes! I heart ballet flats also!
Where did you find those??
I feel like Satan was working on us this morning on our way to church, being that we were late too!! It is hard to not get stressed about this. I had a good morning once I got there though. Our God is amazing! I am praying for you during your shot time! I know how it feels. Have a blessed week! You are precious!

Mazzy said...

What a lovely Valentine's weekend! I am so glad you guys had such a special time together. Those moments are priceless and you'll think back on them fondly when you have a screaming child between you, ruining romance, someday. ;)
I love the red shoes!!!!! Adorable!
I wish I had someone to talk to when I started my injectibles, too. Mine were all IM and I was scared as heck. I know someone will really appreciate your advice. ;-)
*hugs*

annalee said...

what a wonderful weekend together. i love your festive flats:)
and i'm so glad you figured out how to make the shots less painful. praying, praying!

Just Believing said...

You guys are so cute together! Looks like a great weekend! I feel so happy to find IRL IF friends, specially those who share a love of the Lord!

PS Can you tell me how you made the chocolate covered strawberries???

angel8443@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, I am so glad you posted this. Right there with you - almost didn't make it to church this morning and I'm so glad I did, as Cary's message particularly spoke to me. But, also, like you once I walked through the door, everything bad melted away. Hope you have a great week. ~ Katy

Charnè said...

i *heart* those ballet pump type shoes! just love them! i am tall so love that flat shoes are in fashion now!

Looks like you had a great valentines day and think the mc steamy cup was a nice valentine gift!

Well first injection out the way, really hoping that this time will be your last and that God will answer your prayers

xxx

twondra said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! Lots of fun!!

With the shots, numbing the area with ice also helps, especially as you keep going because your skin gets sore after awhile. If you have any questions at all, I'm always here for ya!!

becca said...

YEY! You got your coffee maker! That's the same kind a friend of mine recently got.
I'm praying for you every day that this is the time for you!

Shannon said...

Sounds like a wonderful Valentine's Day!! I love the Capital Hotel.

Sorry you are getting sick! I hope you can stop it before it starts.

Thanks for the tip on the shot ;) I didn't know that! Still waiting on a call back from Sarah...

Rhonda Rae said...

Hope you love your coffee pot half as much as I love mine. I think they are so cool, and also like to think I started a trend with everyone getting one like me. lol JK

Stephanie said...

Jill,

I love the adorable McSteamy coffee cup!! Hmmm do you watch Grey's Anatomy??? And the red ballet slipers "adorable" I hope they never go out of style!! They are really almost all I wear, not all the same of course!

Jim and April said...

oh my golly girl... i LOVE your red shoes! LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM! :0) Great pics! I agree with you about how great it is to hear children in church! I had nursery on sunday so I got to play with some..they are so adorable!

Amber said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! Good luck on those shots. I'm glad to be done (hopefully for good!).

Faith said...

I love all the pics from your Valentines weekend. I can tell you guys had such a fun time together! I must admit, I'm a little jealous of your present...I want one of those so bad! Love your red flats too!

I'm glad that your Sunday morning turned out great and that you had such an awesome day at church. What a sweet time it sounds like you had in the nursery!

You are so brave and such a champ with your injections. I appreciate the tutorial...it could come in handy down the road.

Hope you feel better soon, Jill. I'm praying for you!!

rathi said...

Thanks for the comment. Another girl, on Kelly's prayer blog did that for me.. I really love how it turned out too!!! HOpe you had a great Valentine's weekend. My parents were here and we all went out to dinner on Friday night! Happy Monday!

Hilary said...

Sounds like you 2 had a great weekend! Love all the pictures too :) Praying the shots get easier and easier too :)