Thursday, February 12, 2009

I loved FIREPROOF!

Last night, was Movie Night at Journey! Before the movie started, we all just hung out and visited...


The kiddos stayed in there for the hanging out and eating part...




What would a movie be without pizza...


and sodas...


and popcorn...


and of course CANDY!!












And then they announced that the movie was about to start...






So the kiddos headed to Journey Kids...thank you, Joy, for heading that up!


I just have to brag on my S-I-L, Sara. She has painted all of our Journey Kids Rooms and is currently working on a new room for our Journey Babies. She just started, but I had to take a pic of what she has finished so far. She is so talented and we are blessed to have her! I think I will definitely need to commission her services for when it's time to decorate a nursery. :)


I loved the movie, FIREPROOF and I would say that if you haven't seen it, buy it. I had a blogger say that she didn't know how long it would take for her to get it where she lives (she's in South Africa, I believe). To that blogger, if you will email me your address, I will mail a copy to your home, there in South Africa. My treat! It's a wonderful movie and anyone who wants to see it and can't get there hands on it, I will send it to you!

Of course, I cried through a lot of the movie...thankfully they provided small packages of kleenex when you walked in. I was just thankful that I didn't make any of those awkward noises, that I tend to make when I'm trying to hold back my tears. You know the ones that I'm talking about. :)

I just can't say enough good things about this movie. Make sure you see it.

Love to all,
Jill

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to find that movie online and order it. Delighted for you about the catering btw and totally onboard about your acupuncture. It is NOT meant to make you feel like that.
Jill I love reading your posts. Thank you for sharing your journey (and the pictures of that insanely yummy looking food!)
xxxxx

twondra said...

I loved it, too. Very emotional and touching.

Jen and Jared said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. :)

Jen

amy said...

I've heard GREAT things about that movie! We'll have to watch it this weekend. A guy that my hubby works with actually watched it last weekend and it prompted him to bring his family to church- and he accepted Christ last Sunday- how AWESOME is that?!!

Rebekah said...

I loved it to. I made a post about it not to long ago.I also cried and am sure I made those little noises, but I was home by myslef. LOL I LOVE that movie. You are so sweet to send it to that lady. How wonderful.

Glitter & Bliss said...

Hello my sweet friend. Thanks so much for your comment. I agree, go for the massage instead of the acupuncture. I know God has a plan for you, and you are going to be the best mommy ever!!! I am so excited about your little business venture. If I inspired you...I feel so thrilled!!! I do believe that God puts people in our paths to get us on our true paths in our own lives. I also wanted to tell you about a great book.. "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". It is wonderful!!! It has a lot of great information in it. I learned so much about my own body when I read it. Maybe you should check it out.... (gentle nudge) LOL...

Shannon said...

I loved that movie too and cried a lot! :) How fun to have a movie night at your church!

andrea_jennine said...

So cute how you put the candy out in little cups like that! I am totally stealing that idea for a future church event...

Faith said...

What a great night it looks like y'all had! I love the candy set-up! I'm so glad that your church was able to offer such a special night for everyone and I pray that marriages and people were changed as a result.

P.S. Sara's paintings look awesome!!

Andrea said...

That is my plan for V-day date night. Pizza, candy and Fireproof. Glad you liked it!

Emily said...

Yeah! Glad you liked the movie...Jay and I were both extras...jay was the bald guy at the train wreck scene and I was in the wedding scene:)

Praying God is usin git in your church in a BIG way!

cherry said...

We JUST watched it last Saturday night. MY dh and I loved it. Great lessons to be learned too. cherry

Jim and April said...

oh i cant wait to see it! I hope to see it soon!

Charnè said...

O my how i love the look of your church and the things you all do. When i read posts of journey or i see photos i long to be part of a church like that.

How touched i am that you would send little me a copy of the dvd, tears streamed down my cheeks when i read that! You have such a big heart! You are a wonderful person!

I just love your blog and reading about whats going on in your world