Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Fertilization Report & Happy Birthday!

We received the fert report. 4 out of the 6 eggs fertilized! We have 4 embryos that we are praying will continue to divide. We will talk with the clinic, tomorrow, to see if this will be a 3-day transfer or 5-day transfer. We're looking at Friday or Sunday. I don't like when retrieval lands on a Sunday, but it would really be best if they could go that long. Though I am aware of the fact, that when you're only working with 4 embryos, they tend to do more 3-day transfers. Ultimately, it's in God's hands and I'm optimistic either way! Alex and I are discussing how many we would like to put back. We put back 2 the first time and 1 the second time. We are comfortable with putting back 3, but aren't sure how our docs will feel about that. Just curious...those who went through IVF, how many did you put back on your successful cycle?

And to end this post...I wanted to say Happy Birthday to two of my precious nieces! They both have birthday parties on Saturday, which I won't be able to attend. :( I wanted to share some of my favorite photos of these two girls.

Peyton turned 2, yesterday! She is so funny and loves her some Uncle Al. I love seeing him play with her...it's the cutest thing! We were going to call her on our way to the clinic, yesterday, but as Alex almost drove off the road while reading his phone...I told him to wait and call when we arrived. We were called back immediately upon arrival and then forgot to call. We were thinking about you Pey-Pey!

This will always be one of my all-time favorite pics of her. She would lay in this and just float around the pool. It was the cutest thing.


Peyton & Aunt Jill


Throwing her up in the air...she loved this when she was little. :)


I remember when I took this pic...baby girl loved her some sucker!


This is Peyton at her Aunt Jill's, eating one of her faves...marshmallows!


My niece, Joylyn turns 3 on Sunday! Joylyn is very shy...when she does speak, it's with a soft little voice. She lives farther away than any of my other nephews & nieces, so that makes the time we do get to see one another, even more special. She is so sweet and such a girly-girl. She loves pink and purple. I sent her a package full of little outfits, necklaces. bracelets and these little stickers that you put on your nails (she loves to paint her nails). It was so much fun to put together. It made me look forward to the day when I have a little girl to buy those things for. :)

This is my favorite photo of me and Miss Joylyn. When she was a newborn, anyone else was lucky to get to hold her. I would totally hog her and could just walk with her on my shoulder forever. She was the sweetest little baby.


Me & Joylyn on Thanksgiving


We bought her 6 pairs of princess shoes for Christmas...oh my goodness! The girl carried them around from the time she opened them, to when she walked out the door. :)


Me and Joylyn...brunch at Mimi's


This is Joylyn at her Aunt Jill's, enjoying one of her faves...chocolate ice cream!


So know that if you send your child to my home...marshmallows and chocolate ice cream are two of the main food groups around here. :) Happy Birthday, Peyton & Joylyn...your Uncle Alex & Aunt Jill love you so much!

Love to all,
Jill

18 comments:

Leslie Laine said...

Hi Jill! Great news on your fertilization report!! It must be so exciting to know that you're at this point in the process - I'm so excited for you!!! Keep us posted -I'll be reading...

Jen and Jared said...

So sweet... thanks for all of the pictures of Peyton... She says "Happy Birthday" back to you - that is her response when people tell her Happy Birthday - she's so funny. We'll miss you Saturday at the party.... Love you and we are praying for those embryos. Oh and although I've never done IVF, I would recommend putting all 4 in! Jared and I were talking last night and he said you guys could have a whole Averitt or Weaver family all at once! I say go for it and the tv show in TLC! Seriously, we are praying and will continue to pray. Let me know if you need anything... dinner, cupcakes, marshmallow pops... anything!

Love,
Jen

Joannah said...

Great outcome on the fertilization! I'm very excited for you.

I love that we're sharing this journey together like this.

Alice said...

I checked your blog one last time before heading to church. So glad to see things seem to be going good. Can't wait for more updates. Still Praying!!!!!

Amber said...

Good luck, Jill! I'll keep praying for all 4 to continue growing!

bb said...

Praying for you, Alex and your 4 babies growing and hoping that all goes well. You may recall (or maybe you won't since you do have a life), that we put back 3 on day 3 and we got our precious baby girl out of the deal. Keep in mind, I am older than you and I believe that it's not unusual to put back that many in my age group. There are a ton of risks w a triplet pregnancy and the risk w twins is so much lower. Knowing what I know now about those risks, I might only put back 2 if given the same choice again (which, by the way, Mitchell is already talking about our next IVF cycle and our baby girl is only 5 weeks old - YIKES!). Good luck and many hugs!!!!

Elaina Weaver said...

Okay I know nothing about IVF, but I say go for all three. Being the aunt of triplets would be fantastic. I just think, Jill, no matter how many you put back whether it be one or all four God is in control. I will be in prayer for you and Alex, and my nieces/nephews. I'm sure God will give you peace on the number. Let me know if you need anything. Love you!!

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you had a good fertilization report. i pray that they continue to divide and grow. i love the pictures of your nieces. they're adorable!

Shannon said...

Great fert report! :) When you said, "how many to put back" were you meaning back in you or back in "storage"? I know that sounded weird. Either way I am so excited for ya'll!!

Eventhough I have one of the cutest nephews in the world, you have the cutest neices! They are precious!

Eric and Emily said...

Here's to hoping you get to celebrate your own child/childrens birthdays soon!!! Until then, your doing a great job enjoying your nieces and nephews!
I am thinking and praying for you!!!!

Paula said...

Great news. I'm really excited to follow you on this journey.

Faith said...

Yippee! Still praying for those precious little embies. God IS in ultimate control and I am praying for Him to bless you multiply!

You have the most adorable nieces and nephews. Happy Birthday to the girls! I know you are going to be a fabulous mother, Jill!

Linda Lou Rogers Averitt said...

well I say, go with what your dr. suggest, he knows the risk and from previous expierence what he needs to do, I want them all healthy and I am praying for that, if a baby now and some more later is cool with me, I just want you to have your very own baby and I can not wait to hold it, them, they how ever many will be great with me!! I am praying:) and know God is in control and we trust Him:)

becca said...

well, I haven't done IVF, I just know *I* don't want more than 2 at a time b/c of breastfeeding... ya know, ya only have 2 of those!
ha

Nitzia said...

Jill! great to hear things are going well.... i keep praying for you and God's will to be done in your life and Alex's ... you are such a great aunt and i can not imagine the wonderful mom you will be when you have your own:)

Anonymous said...

I always love your blog.....you are such a great "Aunt Jill," and will be such and AWESOME Mommy!!!!! I am excited for you ALL and praying. Thanks for sharing. ab

andrea_jennine said...

Great fert report! I hope you get to transfer them all, myself! ;)

Allison said...

Congrats on the pretty embryos. On my sucessful cycle (#3) we put in 3 on day 5. We only had 4 or 5 embryos that cycle...both of my previous we had 10-15 to work with...but it just goes to show that God can work miracles in even the most unlikely circumstances.