Thursday, March 5, 2009

Mel's little Ladybug...

"A loud and cheerful greeting early in the morning will be taken as a curse!" ~Proverbs 27:14. My husband came across this verse, months ago. He immediately shared it with me and I immediately claimed it as my life verse. If you know me personally or have read my blog for any amount of time, you know that I'm not a morning person. I enjoy my sleep like nothing else. I'm not sure what's going on, but the last couple of weeks have been filled with early mornings. I woke up this morning, wide-eyed, looked at the clock, and what did it read? 3:30am!! Seriously? I couldn't go back to sleep. Alex loved it. He wakes up around 4am, every day, and would love to start our day together. Regardless of the fact, that if we did, he wouldn't be allowed to talk to me until 10. That's when I become my happy-go-lucky self. I remember at my last job interview, they told me that my hours would be 10-3 (it started out a part-time job). When those words left her mouth, I knew it was the job for me. I all but yelled, "WHEN CAN I START!?" I'm thinking that since this IVF cycle is going to work, God is preparing me to live off of less sleep. Because once the baby is here, you no longer get to sleep. If that is the case, I'm totally fine with your plan, God. Wake me at whatever time you choose!

Speaking of babies...

I am so excited for my friend, Mel. She became a mother, yesterday!! I have been checking her blog like a stalker. Just waiting to hear that everything went okay and that she and her little ladybug are doing okay. Mel isn't sharing the name on her blog, so she gave baby girl a nickname. Ladybug. How cute is that!? Since I've been awake since 3:30 this morning, I immediately got online and have been checking my email. I was excited to see the email come through around 5:45am, this morning!! Mommy and baby are doing well. Mel's words were...and I quote..."she is utterly perfect." :)

Mel, I can't even express how happy I am for you and your hubby. You have waited so long for this. You have been a constant source of encouragement to me. You have played a big part in helping me, not just deal with infertility, but to actually be thankful for it. Your humor throughout your infertility and pregnancy was so refreshing. I think the world of you and I'm celebrating with you, today...even if it's miles away in Arkansas!!

Give that little Ladybug a kiss and squeeze for me! :)

((HUGS))

Jill

8 comments:

becca said...

I'm not a morning person either. I hate getting the kids ready in the morning b/c I HAVE to talk and I just hate it. I don't get my coffee until after the kids leave. I COULD drink it as soon as I get up, but I like it to last as long as possible and if I do that, I'll want more before I get to school. ha

annalee said...

that verse is awesome! thanks for sharing. continuing to pray for you!

annalee said...

and thanks for sharing your cute irish blessing too! you make me smile:)

Unknown said...

I have written this verse down to share! I think I will claim it as mine, as well! :)
I have been praying all week for you and will continue to. I hope everything is going great with your little embryos! I hope they are growing & dividing and doing everything they are supposed to be doing! :) I am so excited to see what God is going to do. And I am praying as hard as I can that it involves a little something to call you, "Momma"!
Of course it's okay for you to add me to your blogroll! I added you a while back! :) Hope that isnt stalkerish...

Jenna said...

I am so with you about mornings, my friend! Congrats to your friend!!

Praying for you girl!

Heather said...

I am WITH YOU on the sleep. I am so thankful that Connor is a good sleeper....I get going about 9 or 10 myself!!!
Praying for you!!

Shannon said...

I consider myself a morning person only because I cannot stay up late but 3:30 is EARLY!!!!!!! :)

I'm off to check out Ladybug.

Just Believing said...

Your so sweet! I love following Mel's blog to and so happy her little ladybug is here! Yeah for great embryos!