Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Alex needs our help...

**UPDATED TO ADD** We met the goal...Alexander will be able to have open heart surgery!! Thank you to everyone who donated! If you still choose to donate, any extra funds go toward medical needs for other Compassion Children.



This little boy lives in Kenya. His name is Alexander. He's 8 years old and needs heart surgery. The surgery costs $8,303. His family lives on $13.70 a month, so naturally, they cannot afford heart surgery for their son.

As soon as I read about this little boy on BooMama's blog, I knew that I needed to help. The fact that he has the same name as my dear husband, just made me want to help him even more. BooMama is asking that we each give $1.00. That's it. Just $1.00. If you feel led to give a one time donation of $1.00 to help with Alexander's surgery, please go HERE. It's a simple process...takes all of 2 minutes.

Love,
Jill

4 comments:

Linda Lou Rogers Averitt said...

tks for lettingme know about htis need, how can I put it on myblog? or can you do it for me? you know password:) also I will call you abut apirl:)

Shannon said...

Thanks for posting this! I just made my donation. Thanks!!

MomMom said...

Thanks for alerting us to this need. I just made my donation and noticed that the goal has been reached for Alex but the extra money will be used for other medical needs which I'm sure there are many.

Amber said...

Thanks for your tips, Jill!! I wondered about the laptop on the stomach...it makes it a little harder to type, but worth it, right? THANKS!!!!