Saturday, May 23, 2009

Congrats to April!!

Today was a big day. Alex's little sis, April, graduated from high school. When Alex and I first started dating, April was 4 years old. There was a daycare on the same campus as our high school, so he would walk her to daycare and pick her up, each day. I can still see that sweet, little, round face in my head. :) She's definitely not a baby anymore...she's a beautiful, young woman. April has what I would call a meek and quiet spirit...I hope my little girls are like their Aunt April someday. :) She has a huge heart and we think the world of her.

Making herself pretty...as though she needs it. :)


Alex and April- about to leave the house


Big brother walking her to the auditorium. I'm sure he would have held her hand like she was 4 again, if she would have let him. :) So sweet.


Gown Time!


Helping a girl out...


She was the cutest graduate there!


Laila reading the program...I love this pic!


Uncle Alex lovin' on Peyton. :)


April walking in!


Class of 2009


Proud parents :)


Jared, Jen, Pey & Laila w/April


Me & Alex w/April


We're so proud of you, April!!

Love,
Alex & Jill

8 comments:

Heather said...

OOOhh!! You are looking SO cute and pretty in that yellow!! I am ready to see a belly pic!!
Been thinking about you a lot these last few days since Avery Kate arrived...I just can't wait for you to get to experience all this!!! It is such a blessing and intimate experience in your walk with the Lord, your relationship with your husband, family, etc.
Hope you are feeling good and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Hilary said...

Yeah April!! Cute pictures :)

Alice said...

April IS cute but you are a CUTE MAMMA!! You look cute as a bug or button (which ever you prefer).

Faith said...

What a sweet post! She is a beautiful girl and I can tell it was a very exciting day for your family.

I am loving the picture of you in the yellow...you look gorgeous!!

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

Courtney said...

What fun. I envy that your family seems so close. I was thinking that you guys have been married 12 years, so you've probably seen this girl grow from such a young tot to a full fledged graduate! Very fun. Oh, and you look great by the way, I hope things are progressing well!

becca said...

I left this on my blog and meant to leave it on yours... this is a copy and paste...
My belly doesn't look as big as it is in any of those pictures. I'll take a belly shot soon.
I think I'm gonna be picking peaches tomorrow... come get you some.

MiMi said...

Congratulations, April! What a compliment to her for you to want your little girls to be like her. That says so much about her!

And, seriously...can you be any cuter? You look adorable!

Linda Lou Rogers Averitt said...

tks for all you did:) love youa nd he bebe:)